(Above: Catherine Ayers and Matthew Gravelle in ‘ Living a Lie’)
Living a Lie, a seven-episode Welsh language political drama, debuts today on subscription streamer MHz Choice.
Catherine Ayers plays reporter Angharad Wynne and Matthew Gravelle plays Harri James, a slick political operative who re-emerges from Wynne’s former life in London. Wynne’s father-in-law, who’s also the unscrupulous leader of the New Conservative party, takes over as First Minister of Wales after the former occupant of the position and a prostitute are found dead in a hotel room.
If you like the sound of Welsh, incidentally, MHz Choice blog offers “bonus points” for anyone who knows what the following line means: “Ti moyn i fenyw arall ddod i fyw aton ni achos bo’ ti’n unig!” If you don’t, watch the subtitles on episode three of Living a Lie. (Or cheat by looking at the blog entry).
Episode three will drop next Tuesday, June 25, after two episodes debut today. Two episodes will then bow on each of the first two Tuesdays in July.
Living a Lie originally ran in Wales as Byw Celwydd for two seasons of 17 episodes in 2016 and 2017.
MHZ Choice costs $7.99 monthly or $89.99 a year after a 7-day free trial. But you can now get 50% off your first month by using the promo code SPRING19. To subscribe, or for more info, visit mhzchoice.com.
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021