(Above: Gaten Matarazzo in ‘Stranger Things.’ Source: YouTube video)
Gaten Matarazzo, who appears as Dustin Henderson in Netflix’s Stranger Things and as a data-streaming know-it-all in Verizon Fios commercials, will host a hidden camera show for Netflix.
Netflix describes Prank Encounters as a “terrifying and hilarious prank show.” Each episode will feature “two complete strangers who each think they’re starting their first day at a new job. It’s business as usual until their paths collide and these part-time jobs turn into full-time nightmares.”
The streamer plans to debut Prank Encounters later this year. Before that, you’ll be able to catch Matarazzo in a new slate of Stranger Things episodes.
The eight-episode third season of the supernatural drama, launching July 4, resumes in 1985. The producers haven’t released much about the plot other than it picks up several months after the events of the second season. The group of young friends at the center of the show are coming of age. Oh, and the monsters are ready to play, at least according to the trailer:
The cast also includes Winona Ryder, David Harbour, Finn Wolfhard, Millie Bobby Brown, Caleb McLaughlin, Natalia Dyer, Charlie Heaton, Cara Buono, Joe Keery and Noah Schnapp.
For more on Stranger Things, visit Netflix.
- BET+ Streamer Launches - September 20, 2019
- More ‘Disenchantment’ - September 19, 2019
- ‘Couch Tomatoes’ - September 19, 2019
- NBC’s Peacock Preview - September 18, 2019
- Spy’s Work-Life Balance - September 17, 2019
- Dropout’s ‘Game Changer’ - September 17, 2019
- ‘Two Ferns’ Movie - September 16, 2019
- Burns’ ‘Country Music’ - September 13, 2019
- This Weekend on Netflix - September 12, 2019
- Coming to Apple TV+ - September 11, 2019