(Above: Gaten Matarazzo in ‘Stranger Things.’ Source: YouTube video)
Gaten Matarazzo, who appears as Dustin Henderson in Netflix’s Stranger Things and as a data-streaming know-it-all in Verizon Fios commercials, will host a hidden camera show for Netflix.
Netflix describes Prank Encounters as a “terrifying and hilarious prank show.” Each episode will feature “two complete strangers who each think they’re starting their first day at a new job. It’s business as usual until their paths collide and these part-time jobs turn into full-time nightmares.”
The streamer plans to debut Prank Encounters later this year. Before that, you’ll be able to catch Matarazzo in a new slate of Stranger Things episodes.
The eight-episode third season of the supernatural drama, launching July 4, resumes in 1985. The producers haven’t released much about the plot other than it picks up several months after the events of the second season. The group of young friends at the center of the show are coming of age. Oh, and the monsters are ready to play, at least according to the trailer:
The cast also includes Winona Ryder, David Harbour, Finn Wolfhard, Millie Bobby Brown, Caleb McLaughlin, Natalia Dyer, Charlie Heaton, Cara Buono, Joe Keery and Noah Schnapp.
For more on Stranger Things, visit Netflix.
- ‘Dead’ Profiles and More - July 14, 2021
- Kratts, Dogs, Wild Museums - July 12, 2021
- Troubled in Paradise - July 9, 2021
- More U.S. Viewers Cut the Cord - July 7, 2021
- Binge July 4th TV - July 2, 2021
- Binge ‘Hamilton’ and More - July 1, 2021
- ‘Twilight Zone’ Holiday - June 30, 2021
- ‘Innocent’ Anthology Returns - June 23, 2021
- South Asian Streamer Launches - June 21, 2021
- Apple TV+ Gets ‘Physical’ - June 16, 2021