(Above: a street scene in the winning village. Source: YouTube video by ElenWasHere)
Anglophile? You can’t get much more British than Village of the Year, debuting this Monday, June 17, on subscription streamer Acorn TV.
In this 24-episode reality series, villages across the UK compete to be named the very best.
Hosted by actress Penelope Keith, Village of the Year ran on the UK’s Channel 4 over a year ago, so we already know the winner. But, rather than running a spoiler, if you want to know the victor — or are just eager to plan your next UK vacation — we suggest visiting the proud village’s website. We don’t know what prize the winner received, but we hope the locale isn’t too overrun with tourists by this point.
Acorn TV will drop four episodes of Village of the Year every Monday through July 22.
Keith previously hosted a 12-episode non-competitive series, Hidden Villages, also on Acorn TV.
Acorn TV costs $4.99 monthly or $49.99 for a year, with a seven-day free trial. For more info, visit acorn.tv.
- 😟 Bye-Bye Bluprint 😒 - June 1, 2020
- Apple’s Cult Movie Channel - June 1, 2020
- Brooklyn Film Festival - May 29, 2020
- ‘Streaming Outta Fenway’ - May 28, 2020
- Amazon Relief Livestream - May 28, 2020
- ‘Haircut Night in America’ - May 27, 2020
- 10-Day Free Film Festival - May 27, 2020
- Multicultural VumaTV - May 26, 2020
- Marking Memorial Day - May 22, 2020
- It’s Red Nose Day on NBC - May 21, 2020