(Above: a street scene in the winning village. Source: YouTube video by ElenWasHere)
Anglophile? You can’t get much more British than Village of the Year, debuting this Monday, June 17, on subscription streamer Acorn TV.
In this 24-episode reality series, villages across the UK compete to be named the very best.
Hosted by actress Penelope Keith, Village of the Year ran on the UK’s Channel 4 over a year ago, so we already know the winner. But, rather than running a spoiler, if you want to know the victor — or are just eager to plan your next UK vacation — we suggest visiting the proud village’s website. We don’t know what prize the winner received, but we hope the locale isn’t too overrun with tourists by this point.
Acorn TV will drop four episodes of Village of the Year every Monday through July 22.
Keith previously hosted a 12-episode non-competitive series, Hidden Villages, also on Acorn TV.
Acorn TV costs $4.99 monthly or $49.99 for a year, with a seven-day free trial. For more info, visit acorn.tv.
- She’s Allergic to WiFI - August 22, 2019
- Review: ‘Then Again’ - August 21, 2019
- ‘Mrs. Maisel,’ Season 3 - August 20, 2019
- Midnight Movie Society - August 20, 2019
- Peter Fonda’s Best Free - August 19, 2019
- Oh on Acorn’s ‘Thorne’ - August 19, 2019
- Stadium Starts Football - August 16, 2019
- Celebrate Janis Joplin - August 15, 2019
- Have a Kookie Weekend - August 15, 2019
- Back to ‘Downton Abbey’ - August 14, 2019