(Above: Buzz Aldrin. Source: Wikimedia Commons)
July 16 will mark the 50th anniversary of the first humans to walk on the moon.
Subscription streamer CuriosityStream is observing that history-changing moment starting today with the premiere of Return to the Moon. The film, presented in 4K, examines the technology needed to revisit — and colonize — the moon and beyond.
Then on Monday, June 17, CuriosityStream will introduce “New Moon Mondays,” consisting of such space exploration documentary films and series as Living Universe, Space Probes, The Lunar Rover, The Apollo Moon Landings and Mystery Signals from Space.
The following Monday, June 24, CuriosityStream, in partnership with Sugar Films and Draper Lab’s wehackthemoon.com, will debut Hack the Moon: Unsung Heroes of Apollo. The film profiles the engineers and scientists who made the first moon landing possible.
CuriosityStream offers more than 2,400 titles. It costs $2.99 monthly or $19.99 annually, both with seven-day free trials. 4K costs more — $9.99 monthly and $69.99 annually.
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021
- ‘Midsomer Murders’ Season 22 - April 19, 2021
- ‘Beverly Hillbillies’ Binge - April 16, 2021
- AMC+’s Cold War Thriller - April 14, 2021
- ‘Pray, Obey, Kill’ Docuseries - April 12, 2021