(Above: ‘Strange Angel.’ Source: YouTube video)
Strange Angel, based on the unusual life of American rocket engineer Jack Parsons, returns for a second 7-episode season this Thursday, June 13, on subscription streamer CBS All Access.
Jack Reynor plays Parsons, the American rocketry pioneer whose other pursuits included sex magick rituals and the occult philosophy of Thelema. He was an acolyte of Aleister Crowley whose teachings about self-actualization drove his scientific imagination.
In season two, Jack and his Caltech team’s rocketry work during World War II has become a lucrative business. He also finds himself further embedded with the US military-industrial complex. Meanwhile, Jack and wife Susan’s (Bella Heathcote) commitment to Thelema intensifies, as Jack builds a personal relationship with Crowley (Angus Macfadyen) himself.
Strange Angel’s cast also includes Rupert Friend, Peter Mark Kendall, Dan Donohoe, Michael Gaston, Greg Wise, Randy Oglesby Zack Pearlman and Keye Chen.
The series is based on a book about Parsons by George Pendle.
After the June 13 premiere, new episodes will drop every Thursday. You can watch the entire first season now at CBS All Access.
CBS All Access offers a $9.99/month almost commercial-free version, and a $5.99/month plan with ads. For more information, visit CBS All Access.
- Hulu’s ‘Designing Women’ - August 22, 2019
- US-China Culture Clash - August 21, 2019
- Who Let the Dogs Out? - August 20, 2019
- Classic ‘Office’ Smells - August 19, 2019
- Antenna TV’s Kotter Binge - August 16, 2019
- Who’s the Boss? - August 15, 2019
- Manson’s Music - August 14, 2019
- ‘Why Women Kill’ - August 13, 2019
- ‘Wu Assassins’ on Netflix - August 12, 2019
- Here They Come - August 9, 2019