(Above: ‘Strange Angel.’ Source: YouTube video)
Strange Angel, based on the unusual life of American rocket engineer Jack Parsons, returns for a second 7-episode season this Thursday, June 13, on subscription streamer CBS All Access.
Jack Reynor plays Parsons, the American rocketry pioneer whose other pursuits included sex magick rituals and the occult philosophy of Thelema. He was an acolyte of Aleister Crowley whose teachings about self-actualization drove his scientific imagination.
In season two, Jack and his Caltech team’s rocketry work during World War II has become a lucrative business. He also finds himself further embedded with the US military-industrial complex. Meanwhile, Jack and wife Susan’s (Bella Heathcote) commitment to Thelema intensifies, as Jack builds a personal relationship with Crowley (Angus Macfadyen) himself.
Strange Angel’s cast also includes Rupert Friend, Peter Mark Kendall, Dan Donohoe, Michael Gaston, Greg Wise, Randy Oglesby Zack Pearlman and Keye Chen.
The series is based on a book about Parsons by George Pendle.
After the June 13 premiere, new episodes will drop every Thursday. You can watch the entire first season now at CBS All Access.
CBS All Access offers a $9.99/month almost commercial-free version, and a $5.99/month plan with ads. For more information, visit CBS All Access.
- ‘Seaside Hotel’ is Back! - June 1, 2020
- ‘Mr. Belvedere’ Reunion - May 29, 2020
- ‘Holiday’ Viewing Party - May 29, 2020
- Carol Burnett on Shout! - May 28, 2020
- Animated ‘Central Park’ - May 28, 2020
- ‘Filthy Rich’ Epstein - May 27, 2020
- HBO Max’s Opening Slate - May 26, 2020
- Ultimate Shakespeare Binge - May 22, 2020
- ‘Homecoming’ Returns - May 22, 2020
- Guilty Pleasure Alert - May 21, 2020