(Above: Tim Bergmann and Felicitas Woll in ‘Nele Neuhaus Mysteries.’ Source: MHz Choice.)
Nele Neuhaus Mysteries, four feature-length episodes based on novels by the German writer, will debut Tuesday, June 11, on subscription streamer MHz choice.
Chief Inspector Oliver von Bodenstein (Tim Bergmann) and his subordinate, Mrs. Pia Kirchhoff (Felicitas Woll), investigate crimes in the idyllic Taunus mountain region, not far from Frankfurt. Oliver is married to a documentary filmmaker and struggles to raise a pair of teens, while recently divorced Pia lives with Devil – her beloved dog.
In the premiere, a man is found hanged in the woods. In episode two, the search for a missing girl leads Oliver and Pia into the exclusive world of horse riding. Episode three begins with the discovery of a man’s body parts scattered around a zoo, and in the fourth installment, the murder of a Holocaust survivor points to the Taunus’ upper class.
The series is presented in German, with English subtitles.
MHZ Choice costs $7.99 monthly or $89.99 a year after a 7-day free trial. But you can now get 50% off your first month by using the promo code SPRING19.
To subscribe, or for more info, visit mhzchoice.com.
- BET+ To Launch This Fall - June 25, 2019
- ‘Scooby-Doo’ Celebrities - June 24, 2019
- Netflix ‘Dark’ & Light - June 21, 2019
- Stream MLB Games Free - June 20, 2019
- Gritty Docs on Ovid TV - June 20, 2019
- Psycho Pets - June 19, 2019
- ‘The Best of Enemies’ - June 18, 2019
- PBS Kids’ Lunar Trip - June 18, 2019
- ‘Stranger’ ‘Encounters’ - June 17, 2019
- PBS Masterpiece Binge - June 14, 2019