(Photo: Scene from ‘Bob Fosse: It’s Showtime!’ Source: Sky)
Fans of the recent FX series Fosse/Verdon may want to check out the new documentary Bob Fosse: It’s Showtime!, available from Vimeo for $4.99.
The one-hour production, which premiered on Britain’s Sky Arts last month, examines the turbulent life of the eight-time Tony Award winner and one-time Oscar winner (Cabaret) through clips from that film, Sweet Charity and Kiss Me Kate, as well as interviews with British Fosse aficionados like singer/songwriters Will Young and Louise Redknapp.
If you missed Fosse/Verdon, which starred Sam Rockwell and Michelle Williams as the choreographer/director and his wife/creative partner Gwen Verdon, you can stream the eight-episode series on FX Now, available to subscribers of such services as Sling TV, Hulu with Live TV, and Fubu.
For even more insight into Bob Fosse, we recommend his autobiographical 1979 film All that Jazz, for which he received another Oscar nomination as director. Starring Roy Scheider in the Fosse-like lead role, the movie is unfortunately not streaming anywhere, so you’d need to find it on DVD or Blu-Ray. Or, if you’re a New Yorker or visiting the Big Apple, you can see it free on the big screen this Sunday, 4 pm, at the SVA Theater, 333 West 23rd St.
“From when I first saw All That Jazz way back in the early eighties, I’ve been fascinated by Fosse the man and his work.” noted Stephen Arnell, producer of Bob Fosse: It’s Showtime.
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021