(Photo source: Loners Productions and Indie Rights)
A war on loneliness?
That’s the subject – or pretext – of a 90-minute satire now available to rent or buy on Amazon.
Loners presents a group of eccentric introverts who are scapegoated for the nation’s gun violence epidemic. They are forced into a government-mandated therapy group called Lone-Anon, made to wear big red “L” headbands, and tracked and shocked into submission when required. The group, however, begins to socialize, something verboten under the terms of the program. Plus, the government actually wants to see the Lone-Anon program fail, which is why a federal agent tries to frame them.
The cast includes The Walking Dead’s Khary Payton, Silicon Valley’s Stephen Tobolowsky, Scandal’s Brian Letscher, Young and the Restless’ Kate Linder, Wrecked’s Will Greenberg and NCIS: New Orleans’ Rob Kerkovich.
Directed by Eryc Tramonn, Neil McGowan adapted the script for the film from his six-character play.
Loners costs $2.99 to rent in HD and $9.99 to purchase.
For more information, visit Amazon.
- HBO Max’s Opening Slate - May 26, 2020
- Ultimate Shakespeare Binge - May 22, 2020
- ‘Homecoming’ Returns - May 22, 2020
- Guilty Pleasure Alert - May 21, 2020
- Soviet Gulag Drama - May 21, 2020
- No Place Like ‘Little House’ - May 20, 2020
- Political ‘Scandal’ on Hulu - May 20, 2020
- ‘Sleeping with Friends’ - May 19, 2020
- Psychological ‘Penance’ - May 19, 2020
- Macabre Portraiture - May 18, 2020