(Above source: YouTube video)
Dr. Ruth Westheimer, who turns 91 on June 4, is the subject of a documentary debuting on Hulu this Saturday, June 1.
Ask Dr. Ruth looks at the life of the sex therapist who became something of a national treasure in the 1980s. She was – and still is – known for her frank discussions about sexual behavior, providing explicit advice that pushed the boundaries of what could be said on television. That she did so in a pixieish voice and thick German accent helped endear her to millions of viewers.
The documentary, however, also delves into her traumatic life story. Born in Frankfurt, Germany, Westheimer soon found herself on her own, a child refugee and Holocaust survivor.
For more, visit Hulu.
- Hulu’s ‘Designing Women’ - August 22, 2019
- US-China Culture Clash - August 21, 2019
- Who Let the Dogs Out? - August 20, 2019
- Classic ‘Office’ Smells - August 19, 2019
- Antenna TV’s Kotter Binge - August 16, 2019
- Who’s the Boss? - August 15, 2019
- Manson’s Music - August 14, 2019
- ‘Why Women Kill’ - August 13, 2019
- ‘Wu Assassins’ on Netflix - August 12, 2019
- Here They Come - August 9, 2019