(Above source: YouTube video)
Dr. Ruth Westheimer, who turns 91 on June 4, is the subject of a documentary debuting on Hulu this Saturday, June 1.
Ask Dr. Ruth looks at the life of the sex therapist who became something of a national treasure in the 1980s. She was – and still is – known for her frank discussions about sexual behavior, providing explicit advice that pushed the boundaries of what could be said on television. That she did so in a pixieish voice and thick German accent helped endear her to millions of viewers.
The documentary, however, also delves into her traumatic life story. Born in Frankfurt, Germany, Westheimer soon found herself on her own, a child refugee and Holocaust survivor.
For more, visit Hulu.
- BET+ To Launch This Fall - June 25, 2019
- ‘Scooby-Doo’ Celebrities - June 24, 2019
- Netflix ‘Dark’ & Light - June 21, 2019
- Stream MLB Games Free - June 20, 2019
- Gritty Docs on Ovid TV - June 20, 2019
- Psycho Pets - June 19, 2019
- ‘The Best of Enemies’ - June 18, 2019
- PBS Kids’ Lunar Trip - June 18, 2019
- ‘Stranger’ ‘Encounters’ - June 17, 2019
- PBS Masterpiece Binge - June 14, 2019