(Above source: YouTube video)
Dr. Ruth Westheimer, who turns 91 on June 4, is the subject of a documentary debuting on Hulu this Saturday, June 1.
Ask Dr. Ruth looks at the life of the sex therapist who became something of a national treasure in the 1980s. She was – and still is – known for her frank discussions about sexual behavior, providing explicit advice that pushed the boundaries of what could be said on television. That she did so in a pixieish voice and thick German accent helped endear her to millions of viewers.
The documentary, however, also delves into her traumatic life story. Born in Frankfurt, Germany, Westheimer soon found herself on her own, a child refugee and Holocaust survivor.
For more, visit Hulu.
- Drug-Addled ET on Shudder - May 7, 2021
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021
- ‘Midsomer Murders’ Season 22 - April 19, 2021
- ‘Beverly Hillbillies’ Binge - April 16, 2021
- AMC+’s Cold War Thriller - April 14, 2021