(Above: Hayley Mills in ‘Pitching in’ and ‘Tiger Bay.’ Source: IMDb)
Hayley Mills, the pollyannaish Oscar-winning teen star of such ‘60s family comedies as The Parent Trap and The Trouble With Angels, co-stars in Pitching In, a four-part family drama debuting today on subscription streamer Acorn TV.
Mills, now 73, plays a real estate agent on the North Wales coast who has a tempting offer – in more ways than one – for a recent widower (Larry Lamb) whose daughter and grandson have just moved into his property: the Daffodil Dunes Holiday Park.
Pitching In premiered in March on BBC One and BBC Wales.
Acorn TV costs $4.99 monthly or $49.99 for a year, with a seven-day free trial. For more info, visit Acorn.tv.
Hayley Mills’ first major role, by the way, wasn’t in a cutesy comedy, but in the 1959 British crime drama, Tiger Bay. Her father, John Mills, stars as a police detective investigating a murder she’s witnessed. Here’s Tiger Bay, in its entirety:
- She’s Allergic to WiFI - August 22, 2019
- Review: ‘Then Again’ - August 21, 2019
- ‘Mrs. Maisel,’ Season 3 - August 20, 2019
- Midnight Movie Society - August 20, 2019
- Peter Fonda’s Best Free - August 19, 2019
- Oh on Acorn’s ‘Thorne’ - August 19, 2019
- Stadium Starts Football - August 16, 2019
- Celebrate Janis Joplin - August 15, 2019
- Have a Kookie Weekend - August 15, 2019
- Back to ‘Downton Abbey’ - August 14, 2019