(Above: Hayley Mills in ‘Pitching in’ and ‘Tiger Bay.’ Source: IMDb)
Hayley Mills, the pollyannaish Oscar-winning teen star of such ‘60s family comedies as The Parent Trap and The Trouble With Angels, co-stars in Pitching In, a four-part family drama debuting today on subscription streamer Acorn TV.
Mills, now 73, plays a real estate agent on the North Wales coast who has a tempting offer – in more ways than one – for a recent widower (Larry Lamb) whose daughter and grandson have just moved into his property: the Daffodil Dunes Holiday Park.
Pitching In premiered in March on BBC One and BBC Wales.
Acorn TV costs $4.99 monthly or $49.99 for a year, with a seven-day free trial. For more info, visit Acorn.tv.
Hayley Mills’ first major role, by the way, wasn’t in a cutesy comedy, but in the 1959 British crime drama, Tiger Bay. Her father, John Mills, stars as a police detective investigating a murder she’s witnessed. Here’s Tiger Bay, in its entirety:
- Is the Weed Kosher Too? - June 25, 2019
- Tiananmen Doc Tuesday - June 24, 2019
- Sherlock Holmes’ Rivals - June 21, 2019
- Funny ‘Brazzy Jazzy’ - June 21, 2019
- Stiles’ ‘Riviera’ 2 - June 20, 2019
- CBS’ Lifestyle Dabble - June 19, 2019
- ‘When Whales Walked’ - June 19, 2019
- Welsh ‘Living a Lie’ - June 18, 2019
- Das Re-Boot on Hulu - June 17, 2019
- Film of the Week Club - June 17, 2019