(Above: Hayley Mills in ‘Pitching in’ and ‘Tiger Bay.’ Source: IMDb)
Hayley Mills, the pollyannaish Oscar-winning teen star of such ‘60s family comedies as The Parent Trap and The Trouble With Angels, co-stars in Pitching In, a four-part family drama debuting today on subscription streamer Acorn TV.
Mills, now 73, plays a real estate agent on the North Wales coast who has a tempting offer – in more ways than one – for a recent widower (Larry Lamb) whose daughter and grandson have just moved into his property: the Daffodil Dunes Holiday Park.
Pitching In premiered in March on BBC One and BBC Wales.
Acorn TV costs $4.99 monthly or $49.99 for a year, with a seven-day free trial. For more info, visit Acorn.tv.
Hayley Mills’ first major role, by the way, wasn’t in a cutesy comedy, but in the 1959 British crime drama, Tiger Bay. Her father, John Mills, stars as a police detective investigating a murder she’s witnessed. Here’s Tiger Bay, in its entirety:
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021
- A Look at Local Now - April 23, 2021
- ‘Secrets of the Whales’ - April 22, 2021
- ‘Philly D.A.’ Docuseries - April 20, 2021