(Above: Hayley Mills in ‘Pitching in’ and ‘Tiger Bay.’ Source: IMDb)
Hayley Mills, the pollyannaish Oscar-winning teen star of such ‘60s family comedies as The Parent Trap and The Trouble With Angels, co-stars in Pitching In, a four-part family drama debuting today on subscription streamer Acorn TV.
Mills, now 73, plays a real estate agent on the North Wales coast who has a tempting offer – in more ways than one – for a recent widower (Larry Lamb) whose daughter and grandson have just moved into his property: the Daffodil Dunes Holiday Park.
Pitching In premiered in March on BBC One and BBC Wales.
Acorn TV costs $4.99 monthly or $49.99 for a year, with a seven-day free trial. For more info, visit Acorn.tv.
Hayley Mills’ first major role, by the way, wasn’t in a cutesy comedy, but in the 1959 British crime drama, Tiger Bay. Her father, John Mills, stars as a police detective investigating a murder she’s witnessed. Here’s Tiger Bay, in its entirety:
- Norwegian Drama Duo - July 19, 2021
- Chelsea Stardust Playlist - July 15, 2021
- ‘Schmigadoon!’/’Brigadoon’ - July 14, 2021
- Goode, Rhys, West, Purefoy - July 13, 2021
- Watch ‘Trick of the Witch’ - July 9, 2021
- Aristophanes’ ‘The Frogs’ - July 8, 2021
- JustWatch June Leaders - July 6, 2021
- ‘The Beast Must Die’ - July 2, 2021
- Netflix’s Beautiful Lover - July 1, 2021
- Somos.: Fact-Based Massacre - June 30, 2021