(Photo: Ormond, Rice and Taylor are ‘Ladies in Black.’ Source: JustWatch)
The Ladies in Black – manager Magda, saleswoman Fay, and teenage newbie Lisa – work in a prestigious Sydney, Australia department store during the summer of 1959.
Played respectively by Julia Ormond (Sabrina, HBO’s Temple Grandin), Rachael Taylor (Trish in Netflix’s Jessica Jones) and Angourie Rice (Betty in Spider-Man: The Homecoming and the upcoming Spider-Man: Far from Home), the three women help each other grow in this coming-of-age dramedy.
Directed by Bruce Beresford (Driving Miss Daisy, Tender Mercies), Ladies in Black is based on a 1993 novel, The Women in Black, by Madeleine St John. Beresford also wrote the screenplay with co-producer Sue Milliken.
- She’s Allergic to WiFI - August 22, 2019
- Review: ‘Then Again’ - August 21, 2019
- ‘Mrs. Maisel,’ Season 3 - August 20, 2019
- Midnight Movie Society - August 20, 2019
- Peter Fonda’s Best Free - August 19, 2019
- Oh on Acorn’s ‘Thorne’ - August 19, 2019
- Stadium Starts Football - August 16, 2019
- Celebrate Janis Joplin - August 15, 2019
- Have a Kookie Weekend - August 15, 2019
- Back to ‘Downton Abbey’ - August 14, 2019