(Photo: Ormond, Rice and Taylor are ‘Ladies in Black.’ Source: JustWatch)
The Ladies in Black – manager Magda, saleswoman Fay, and teenage newbie Lisa – work in a prestigious Sydney, Australia department store during the summer of 1959.
Played respectively by Julia Ormond (Sabrina, HBO’s Temple Grandin), Rachael Taylor (Trish in Netflix’s Jessica Jones) and Angourie Rice (Betty in Spider-Man: The Homecoming and the upcoming Spider-Man: Far from Home), the three women help each other grow in this coming-of-age dramedy.
Directed by Bruce Beresford (Driving Miss Daisy, Tender Mercies), Ladies in Black is based on a 1993 novel, The Women in Black, by Madeleine St John. Beresford also wrote the screenplay with co-producer Sue Milliken.
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021