(Photo: ‘Scribbles’ stars Garegnani and Reveendran)
From Kim Bassinger in Cool World to James Thurber drawings in My World and Welcome to It, we’ve always been drawn to titles in which drawings come to life. So we looked forward to Scribbles, a new web series about a depressed illustrator whose latest creation pushes him to the “edge of sanity.”
The first 14-minute episode, which dropped yesterday, serves as an effective teaser for the soul searching to come:
Lynnsey Ooten directed this widescreen dark comedy, which recently won Best Web Series honors at the Big Apple Film Festival. Scribbles was written and created by Brandon Garegnani, who plays the illustrator. A third executive producer, Jeane Reveendran, plays the title drawing come to life. So far, though, we’ve seen only her boots.
But you can see more of Scribbles for the next three Mondays. New episodes will drop weekly at scribblestheseries.com.
- Wouk and Remembrance - May 20, 2019
- Blue Man Group Series - May 17, 2019
- ‘The Rain’ Drops Again - May 17, 2019
- Culture, Creepy, Weird - May 16, 2019
- ‘Earth’s Call’ Saturday - May 16, 2019
- Lipton, Conway Tributes - May 15, 2019
- Streaming ‘Scribbles’ - May 14, 2019
- Choi’s ‘Broken Bread’ - May 14, 2019
- RIP Doris Day - May 13, 2019
- Ms. Moviefone’s Show - May 10, 2019