(Photo: ‘Scribbles’ stars Garegnani and Reveendran)
From Kim Bassinger in Cool World to James Thurber drawings in My World and Welcome to It, we’ve always been drawn to titles in which drawings come to life. So we looked forward to Scribbles, a new web series about a depressed illustrator whose latest creation pushes him to the “edge of sanity.”
The first 14-minute episode, which dropped yesterday, serves as an effective teaser for the soul searching to come:
Lynnsey Ooten directed this widescreen dark comedy, which recently won Best Web Series honors at the Big Apple Film Festival. Scribbles was written and created by Brandon Garegnani, who plays the illustrator. A third executive producer, Jeane Reveendran, plays the title drawing come to life. So far, though, we’ve seen only her boots.
But you can see more of Scribbles for the next three Mondays. New episodes will drop weekly at scribblestheseries.com.
- Ficto’s 6-Month Isolation - March 27, 2020
- Music Never Sleeps NYC - March 27, 2020
- Fox’s Living Room Benefit - March 26, 2020
- ‘Curtain Up!’ for Seniors - March 26, 2020
- Free Rivit-ing Pilots - March 25, 2020
- Classics to the Rescue - March 24, 2020
- RIP Kenny Rogers, TV Star - March 23, 2020
- Circle of Quarantine - March 23, 2020
- 😟 Chopso Shutting Down 😒 - March 20, 2020
- ‘Sue Thomas: F.B.Eye’ - March 20, 2020