(Photo: ‘Scribbles’ stars Garegnani and Reveendran)
From Kim Bassinger in Cool World to James Thurber drawings in My World and Welcome to It, we’ve always been drawn to titles in which drawings come to life. So we looked forward to Scribbles, a new web series about a depressed illustrator whose latest creation pushes him to the “edge of sanity.”
The first 14-minute episode, which dropped yesterday, serves as an effective teaser for the soul searching to come:
Lynnsey Ooten directed this widescreen dark comedy, which recently won Best Web Series honors at the Big Apple Film Festival. Scribbles was written and created by Brandon Garegnani, who plays the illustrator. A third executive producer, Jeane Reveendran, plays the title drawing come to life. So far, though, we’ve seen only her boots.
But you can see more of Scribbles for the next three Mondays. New episodes will drop weekly at scribblestheseries.com.
- ‘Upright’: Quite Alright! - July 31, 2020
- Zooming In, Hanging On - July 30, 2020
- ‘The Cuban’ Reviewed - July 29, 2020
- Pandemic Productions - July 28, 2020
- The UMP Cruiser is Back! - July 27, 2020
- The Old Guard: Influences - July 24, 2020
- ‘Bubbies and Sistas’ - July 24, 2020
- African Diaspora Film Fest - July 23, 2020
- Binge ‘The Cisco Kid’ - July 22, 2020
- RIP Civil Rights Leaders - July 21, 2020