(Photo: ‘DrOne,’ courtesy of Dust)
DrOne, winner of a 2013 Streamy Award for Best Visual Effects in a Web Series, will be available starting Tuesday, May 13, on free sci-fi service Dust.
The four 10-minute episodes star Kenneth Choi, who currently plays Howie “Chimney” Han on Fox’s 9-1-1, and Lance Reddick , who is Chief Irvin Irving on Amazon Prime’s Bosch and appears in the recently released horror flick Monster Party.
In DrOne, Choi plays the programmer for a damaged humanoid drone weapon. Together, they go on the run to take down their corrupt commander (Reddick).
The series was created and directed by Robert Glickert, co-written by Glickert and Daniel Casey (Fast & Furious 9), and executive produced by directing whiz Justin Lin (Better Luck Tomorrow, Star Trek Beyond, The Fast & Furious franchise). Lin also founded YouTube’s YOMYOMF Network, where DrOne first ran in 2012.
Dust said it will release one episode of DrOne daily from Monday, May 13, through Thursday, May 16, on all its channels. Those include watchdust.com, YouTube, Facebook, VRV, Pluto, Xumo and Roku’s DUSTx.
DrOne is also still available on YOMYOMF. So here’s the first episode:
Student Film Contest
YOMYOMF and Dust have also teamed up for a Student Sci-Fi Short Film Competition.
- “We are always getting away from the present moment.”
- “It sounds plausible enough tonight, but wait until tomorrow.”
- “There is no intelligence where there is no need of change.”
Dust will choose five finalists and YOMYOMF will select the winner, who will get the opportunity to work with Dust on developing his/her film into a TV show bible or feature film outline.
To enter, visit watchdust.com/competition.
- Wouk and Remembrance - May 20, 2019
- Blue Man Group Series - May 17, 2019
- ‘The Rain’ Drops Again - May 17, 2019
- Culture, Creepy, Weird - May 16, 2019
- ‘Earth’s Call’ Saturday - May 16, 2019
- Lipton, Conway Tributes - May 15, 2019
- Streaming ‘Scribbles’ - May 14, 2019
- Choi’s ‘Broken Bread’ - May 14, 2019
- RIP Doris Day - May 13, 2019
- Ms. Moviefone’s Show - May 10, 2019