(Photo: Shirley Booth as ‘Hazel.’ Source: Wikimedia Commons)
How’s this for a Mother’s Day gift? You can give mom a “Maid for a Day” – just by tuning in Antenna TV’s Hazel marathon this Sunday, May 12.
The over-the-air channel will run 34 episodes of the sitcom from 5 am to 10 pm ET.
Shirley Booth stars as the title character: a live-in maid – and the real brains – of the Baxter family (dad Don DeFore, mom Whitney Blake, and child Bobby Buntrock). Booth, previously a Best Actress Oscar winner for 1952’s Come Back, Little Sheba, won two Emmy Awards for Hazel.
Here’s a “closer look” at Hazel from Antenna TV:
Hazel originally aired 154 episodes, mostly in color, over five seasons (1961-1966), the first four on NBC and the final on CBS.
The show regularly airs on Antenna TV weekdays at 11 am ET, Saturdays at 4 am and 8 am, and Sundays at 8 am.
You can watch Antenna TV for free with an antenna hooked up to your TV set. Visit Antenna TV’s Channel Finder to find your local station.
And here, in honor of Antenna TV’s “Maid for a Day” marathon, is an episode with that very title, from Hazel’s third season:
- Wouk and Remembrance - May 20, 2019
- Blue Man Group Series - May 17, 2019
- ‘The Rain’ Drops Again - May 17, 2019
- Culture, Creepy, Weird - May 16, 2019
- ‘Earth’s Call’ Saturday - May 16, 2019
- Lipton, Conway Tributes - May 15, 2019
- Streaming ‘Scribbles’ - May 14, 2019
- Choi’s ‘Broken Bread’ - May 14, 2019
- RIP Doris Day - May 13, 2019
- Ms. Moviefone’s Show - May 10, 2019