(Above: ‘Abyss.’ Source: Netflix)
Less than three weeks since the debut of My First First Love, K-romance blooms again on Netflix today with the fantasy romcom/drama Abyss.
The series is about two Koreans who die young, but return to life in entirely different bodies. The woman, previously a beautiful prosecutor, becomes a lawyer with ordinary looks. The man, previously an unattractive businessmen, becomes a strikingly handsome administrator at her law firm. Romance ensues as they begin to investigate their own deaths and revivals.
Co-star Park Bo-young, no stranger to series with sci-fi/fantasy themes, has previously starred in Strong Girl Bong-soon, also available on Netflix, and in Oh My Ghost. Her co-star Ahn Hyo-seop has previously been in Top Management, available on YouTube Premium (with three free episodes) and One More Happy Ending, free on Tubi.
In an unusual move for Netflix, all episodes of Abyss will not be released at once. Instead, subscribers will get two new episodes weekly. Based on an expected 16 episodes, the entire series should be available for bingers the final week of June.
For more info, visit Netflix.
- Norwegian Drama Duo - July 19, 2021
- Chelsea Stardust Playlist - July 15, 2021
- ‘Schmigadoon!’/’Brigadoon’ - July 14, 2021
- Goode, Rhys, West, Purefoy - July 13, 2021
- Watch ‘Trick of the Witch’ - July 9, 2021
- Aristophanes’ ‘The Frogs’ - July 8, 2021
- JustWatch June Leaders - July 6, 2021
- ‘The Beast Must Die’ - July 2, 2021
- Netflix’s Beautiful Lover - July 1, 2021
- Somos.: Fact-Based Massacre - June 30, 2021