(Photo: Rosamund Pike, Chris O’Dowd in ‘State of the Union’)
State of the Union, a 10-chapter novel written by Nick Hornby (High Fidelity, About a Boy), will debut Tuesday, May 7, via Random House. State of the Union, a 10-episode, short-form TV series written by Nick Hornby (Oscar nominee for Brooklyn and An Education), will debut a day earlier, May 6, via subscription streamer Sundance Now.
Each chapter/episode of State of the Union features a couple drinking and talking in a pub immediately before their weekly marital therapy sessions. In the web series, the pair is played by Rosamund Pike (Oscar nominee for Gone Girl) and Chris O’Dowd (Get Shorty). The comedy series is directed by Stephen Frears (Oscar nominee for The Queen and The Grifters).
Sundance Now will release two 10-minute episodes of State of the Union daily at 5 pm. ET every weekday from May 6 to May 10.
But you can see episode one for free right now, no log-in necessary, at SundanceTV.com. The series will also run, one episode each weekday, at 10 pm over the Sundance TV cable channel from May 6 to May 17.
- ‘Will & Grace’ Returns - October 23, 2019
- A Meeting of Kings - October 22, 2019
- ‘Intelligent Lives’ Doc - October 21, 2019
- Dorothy Stratten Videos - October 18, 2019
- YouTube’s ‘Booktube’ - October 17, 2019
- Facebook’s ‘Limetown’ - October 16, 2019
- An Ad-Supported MHz - October 16, 2019
- ‘Craig Fixada America’ - October 15, 2019
- Fill up on ‘Corner Gas’ - October 14, 2019
- Robert Forster Sampler - October 14, 2019