(Photo: Rosamund Pike, Chris O’Dowd in ‘State of the Union’)
State of the Union, a 10-chapter novel written by Nick Hornby (High Fidelity, About a Boy), will debut Tuesday, May 7, via Random House. State of the Union, a 10-episode, short-form TV series written by Nick Hornby (Oscar nominee for Brooklyn and An Education), will debut a day earlier, May 6, via subscription streamer Sundance Now.
Each chapter/episode of State of the Union features a couple drinking and talking in a pub immediately before their weekly marital therapy sessions. In the web series, the pair is played by Rosamund Pike (Oscar nominee for Gone Girl) and Chris O’Dowd (Get Shorty). The comedy series is directed by Stephen Frears (Oscar nominee for The Queen and The Grifters).
Sundance Now will release two 10-minute episodes of State of the Union daily at 5 pm. ET every weekday from May 6 to May 10.
But you can see episode one for free right now, no log-in necessary, at SundanceTV.com. The series will also run, one episode each weekday, at 10 pm over the Sundance TV cable channel from May 6 to May 17.
- Peter Fonda’s Best Free - August 19, 2019
- Oh on Acorn’s ‘Thorne’ - August 19, 2019
- Stadium Starts Football - August 16, 2019
- Celebrate Janis Joplin - August 15, 2019
- Have a Kookie Weekend - August 15, 2019
- Back to ‘Downton Abbey’ - August 14, 2019
- An ‘Immoral Dilemma’ - August 13, 2019
- Let’s Talk Dementia - August 13, 2019
- Blame ‘The Scapegoat’ - August 12, 2019
- Facebook’s Amazon Doc - August 9, 2019