(Above: Johnny Impact and Eddie Edwards. Source: Impact Wrestling)
Subscription streaming service Global Wrestling Network is no more, replaced as of today by Impact Plus, a name which more accurately reflects the properties of its parent company – Impact Wrestling, part of Anthem Sports & Entertainment.
Impact, which runs a free weekly flagship show on Twitch and previously programmed a free 24/7 channel on Pluto TV, said it will provide several perks to Impact Plus subscribers in addition to new weekly shows and the company’s library of over 3,000 hours from 17 years of wrestling presentations — including many that originally ran as pay-per-view (PPV) events.
The main Impact Plus perk is an exclusive live event every month, starting with Code Red this Sunday, May 5, at 8 pm ET. Emanating from NYC Arena in Queens, Code Red matches will include Johnny Impact and Taya Valkyrie vs Eddie Edwards and Alisha Edwards.
IMPACT Wrestling will also offer its four major annual PPV events, including this July’s Slammiversary, through Impact Plus. Anyone who buys a PPV ticket will also get three free months of Impact Plus. If the price of Slammiversary stays at last year’s $19.99, that would be a pretty good deal, since three months of Impact Plus by itself costs 7.99 a month, albeit following a 30-day free trial. There’s also a $71.99 annual subscription rate.
You can find Impact Plus on the web, iOS , Android, Apple TV, Roku and Fire TV.
For more info, visit plus.impactwrestling.com.
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021
- A Look at Local Now - April 23, 2021
- ‘Secrets of the Whales’ - April 22, 2021
- ‘Philly D.A.’ Docuseries - April 20, 2021