(Above: Walter Rodriguez as ‘Marilyn,’ courtesy Breaking Glass Pictures)
First-time actor Walter Rodríguez plays 17-year-old Marilyn, née Marcos, in an Argentinian film about sexual identity that’s just debuted online. You can rent it starting at $3.99 SD/$4.99 HD from YouTube, Google Play, iTunes or Vudu.
Marilyn, based on a true story, won best feature awards at last year’s Milan and Tel Aviv LGBT film festivals. Marcos, part of a family of ranch workers, lets his “Marilyn” self out at his town’s annual Carnival celebration. A target of both desire and discrimination, he faces added pressure when his father dies and his mother expects him to take on more duties at the ranch.
Marilyn marks the feature film debut for director Martín Rodríguez Redondo, who also co-wrote the script. The move also stars veteran actors Catalina Saavedra, German de Silva, Ignacio Gimenez and Andrew Bargsted .
- Norwegian Drama Duo - July 19, 2021
- Chelsea Stardust Playlist - July 15, 2021
- ‘Schmigadoon!’/’Brigadoon’ - July 14, 2021
- Goode, Rhys, West, Purefoy - July 13, 2021
- Watch ‘Trick of the Witch’ - July 9, 2021
- Aristophanes’ ‘The Frogs’ - July 8, 2021
- JustWatch June Leaders - July 6, 2021
- ‘The Beast Must Die’ - July 2, 2021
- Netflix’s Beautiful Lover - July 1, 2021
- Somos.: Fact-Based Massacre - June 30, 2021