For the next three nights, you can welcome spring with American Spring Live, airing over the air and streaming on Facebook.
Hosted by ABC’s Nightline anchor Juju Chang, this presentation of PBS’ Nature series will zoom in on springtime phenomena in ecosystems ranging from the Sierra Nevada Mountains to the Everglades, and from inner-city parks to remote wilderness preserves. Guest experts will include such experts as biologist Thor Hanson and entomologist Phil Torres.
The live one-hour episodes, starting at 8 pm nightly, will include:
Monday: “Birth and Rebirth,” featuring bears emerging from hibernation in Maryland, the connection between nesting birds and alligators in the Everglades, nest hunting in Arizona, the rebirth of the California wildlands after a year of wildfires, and the birth of a lamb in Maine.
Tuesday “Migration,” with scientists tracking the journeys of animals like butterflies, birds, bison and bats over vast distances, and how such patterns and behaviors may shift due to climate change.
Wednesday “Connections,” focusing on how plants and animals depend on each other to survive, including a family of wolf cubs exploring their den in Minnesota’s Voyageurs National Park, and bobcats hunting for mice and other small prey in California’s Point Reyes National Seashore.
Here’s a sample of what to expect (but shhh!, don’t’ disturb the wolf pups!):
- Busy July 20 at NASA TV - July 19, 2019
- CONtv + Comics Launches - July 19, 2019
- Tarantino Picks Flicks - July 18, 2019
- Bluprint Free This Week - July 17, 2019
- WTT on Dailymotion - July 17, 2019
- Efron/Kendrick Team-Ups - July 16, 2019
- Supporting Caregivers - July 16, 2019
- She’s Molly of Denali - July 15, 2019
- ‘Brash Girls Club’ Trio - July 15, 2019
- Fox Brings Back Decades - July 12, 2019