For the next three nights, you can welcome spring with American Spring Live, airing over the air and streaming on Facebook.
Hosted by ABC’s Nightline anchor Juju Chang, this presentation of PBS’ Nature series will zoom in on springtime phenomena in ecosystems ranging from the Sierra Nevada Mountains to the Everglades, and from inner-city parks to remote wilderness preserves. Guest experts will include such experts as biologist Thor Hanson and entomologist Phil Torres.
The live one-hour episodes, starting at 8 pm nightly, will include:
Monday: “Birth and Rebirth,” featuring bears emerging from hibernation in Maryland, the connection between nesting birds and alligators in the Everglades, nest hunting in Arizona, the rebirth of the California wildlands after a year of wildfires, and the birth of a lamb in Maine.
Tuesday “Migration,” with scientists tracking the journeys of animals like butterflies, birds, bison and bats over vast distances, and how such patterns and behaviors may shift due to climate change.
Wednesday “Connections,” focusing on how plants and animals depend on each other to survive, including a family of wolf cubs exploring their den in Minnesota’s Voyageurs National Park, and bobcats hunting for mice and other small prey in California’s Point Reyes National Seashore.
Here’s a sample of what to expect (but shhh!, don’t’ disturb the wolf pups!):
- An Hour of Xmas Stand-Up - December 11, 2019
- Dalai Lama – Scientist - December 11, 2019
- My Best Friend’s Famous - December 10, 2019
- ‘Judy’ Goes on Sale - December 10, 2019
- RIP Star Trek Trio - December 9, 2019
- Hulu’s Noirish ‘Reprisal’ - December 4, 2019
- Bluprint ‘Runway’ Tie-In - December 4, 2019
- Tech Classics on YouTube - December 3, 2019
- A Kiwi Crime Thriller - December 3, 2019
- ‘One Day at Disney’ - December 2, 2019