(Above: Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke and Larry Matthews. Source: Wikimedia)
Wondering what happened to The Dick Van Dyke Show on Cozi TV? Ask MeTV.
On May 5, Cozi’s over-the-air rival will start running back-to-back episodes of The Dick Van Dyke Show Sunday nights at 11 pm ET. The show was seen early mornings on Cozi.
The Dick Van Dyke Show, which ran for 158 half-hour episodes over five seasons (1961-1966), stars Dick Van Dyke as Rob Petrie, head comedy writer for the fictional ‘Alan Brady Show’ with Alan Brady (Carl Reiner). Mary Tyler Moore plays Rob’s wife, Laura Petrie, a role that won her two Primetime Emmy Awards. The series, in total, earned 25 Primetime Emmy nominations and 15 statues.
The first five Sundays will consist of show creator Reiner’s 10 favorite episodes. May 5th will feature “Coast to Coast Big Mouth” and “That’s My Boy.”
In “Coast to Coast Big Mouth,” from season five, Laura reveals on television that Alan Brady wears a hairpiece. You can view the full episode below:
In “That’s My Boy,” from season three, Rob believes he and Laura brought the wrong baby home from the hospital. Here’s a clip from that episode:
You can also stream all five seasons of The Dick Van Dyke Show on Amazon Prime and Hulu, or watch season one free – with ads – on Yahoo View. Select episodes are also available to stream free on YouTube.
MeTV can be seen free over the air via an antenna hooked up to your TV set.
- Investor News Channel - May 20, 2019
- Stephen Fry’s ‘Kingdom’ - May 17, 2019
- ‘Yesterday’ Tomorrow - May 16, 2019
- It’s ‘Midsomer’ 24/7 - May 16, 2019
- It’s ‘Fleabag’ Friday - May 15, 2019
- Clooney’s ‘Catch-22’ - May 14, 2019
- Netflix’s ‘Easy’ Over - May 10, 2019
- Parent-Free Zone - May 9, 2019
- Daily Show’s Trump Tour - May 9, 2019
- Poehler’s ‘Wine Country’ - May 8, 2019