(Above: Poets Komachi and Shosho. Source: PathOfDreamsFilm.com)
Chopso, the English-language subscription service targeted at Asian-Americans, will premiere a poetic Japanese short film, Path of Dreams, this Sunday, April 28 at 7 pm ET.
The film will simultaneously be shown at a free L.A. screening (4 pm PT) which will include a panel discussion with its director, producer and screenwriter.
Path of Dreams relates one of the legendary tales of ninth century Japanese poet Ono no Komachi, long revered in Japan not only for her writings but for her great beauty and romantic escapades. In the film, Komachi (Airi Kido) challenges suitor Shosho (TJ Kayama) to write poetry with her for 99 nights. As a reward, she promises to take him as her lover on the final night..
The 25-minute film was directed by Tamara Ruppart, produced by Ko Mori, and written by Velina Hasu Houston, all of whom will appear on Sunday’s panel at the Japanese American National Museum. If you’re in the L.A. area, you can get free tickets at brownpapertickets.com/event/4208536 .
For more, visit chopso.com.
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021