(Above: Geraldine Hakewill in ‘Ms. Fisher’s Modern Mysteries.’ Source: Acorn TV)
It’s the 1960s and Ms. Fisher has gone quite mod.
Ms. Fisher’s Modern Murder Mysteries, a four-episode spinoff of the 2012 Australian series Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries, will debut Monday, April 29, on the Acorn TV streaming service.
Sleuthing runs in the Fisher family. Phryne Fisher, protagonist of the original show set in 1920s Melbourne, goes missing over the highlands of New Guinea. She leaves her fortune to her niece, Peregrine Fisher (Geraldine Hakewill), a pistol who also has a knack for solving crimes. The irrepressibly hip Peregrine, together with by-the-book detective James Steed (Joel Jackson) and female members of The Adventuresses’ Club, take on new cases.
You can also watch the first two 13-episode seasons of Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries, starring Essie Davis, on Acorn TV. All three seasons are available with a Netflix subscription. You can also rent individual episodes from $1.99 via FandangoNow, Vudu and other services.
Acorn TV costs $4.99 monthly or $49.99 for a year, with a seven-day free trial. For more info, visit acorn.tv.
- HBO Max’s Opening Slate - May 26, 2020
- Ultimate Shakespeare Binge - May 22, 2020
- ‘Homecoming’ Returns - May 22, 2020
- Guilty Pleasure Alert - May 21, 2020
- Soviet Gulag Drama - May 21, 2020
- No Place Like ‘Little House’ - May 20, 2020
- Political ‘Scandal’ on Hulu - May 20, 2020
- ‘Sleeping with Friends’ - May 19, 2020
- Psychological ‘Penance’ - May 19, 2020
- Macabre Portraiture - May 18, 2020