(Above image courtesy MagellanTV)
Viewers willing to pay for documentaries over a devoted subscription streaming service have a new choice with MagellanTV, covering “the great stories of history, science and civilization.”
Current featured titles include The Jupiter Enigma, about “how a gas giant gave rise to a rocky planet called Earth”; The Aces’ War, about World War I flyers; Paris Rooftops: Architectural Marvels, “from Notre Dame to the Holy Trinity Cathedral”; and Scarlet Woman: The True Story Of Mary Magdalene.
MagellanTV is available online at magellantv.com and via iOS, Android, Fire TV and Roku apps.
Dubbed “Documentaries Worth Watching” and claiming more than 2,000 titles, MagellanTV costs $6.99 monthly with a seven-day free trial, $23.96 quarterly or $59.88 annually, the latter two with 14-day trials. All plans come with 4K capability.
Major competitor CuriosityStream, dubbed “The Home of Award-Winning Documentaries,” offers more than 2,400 titles. It costs $2.99 monthly or $19.99 annually, both with seven-day free trials. 4K capability, however, ups those prices to $9.99 monthly and $69.99 annually.
- Busy July 20 at NASA TV - July 19, 2019
- CONtv + Comics Launches - July 19, 2019
- Tarantino Picks Flicks - July 18, 2019
- Bluprint Free This Week - July 17, 2019
- WTT on Dailymotion - July 17, 2019
- Efron/Kendrick Team-Ups - July 16, 2019
- Supporting Caregivers - July 16, 2019
- She’s Molly of Denali - July 15, 2019
- ‘Brash Girls Club’ Trio - July 15, 2019
- Fox Brings Back Decades - July 12, 2019