(Above: William Zabka and Ralph Macchio in ‘Cobra Kai.’ Source: YouTube video)
YouTube Premium’s hit series, Cobra Kai, will debut a second 10-episode season tomorrow, April 24.
The series reignites the feud between Daniel LaRusso (Ralph Macchio) and Johnny Lawrence (William Zabka) more than 30 years after their original on-screen face-off in The Karate Kid.
Season two picks up after season one’s cliffhanger – John “No Mercy” Kreese’s (Martin Kove) return and Lawrence’s Cobra Kai team’s controversial win at the All Valley Championships. Daniel opens his own karate training school called Miyagi-Do, in honor of his mentor (played by Pat Morita in the original films). Soon, a rivalry develops between Miyagi-Do and Cobra Kai, which represent two divergent philosophies. Which of the two paths will their teenage students follow?
Josh Heald, Jon Hurwitz, and Hayden Schlossberg wrote and executive-produced the series.
Cobra Kai season one rated 100% on Rotten Tomatoes, with the debut episode generating more than 55 million views.
You can view both seasons of Cobra Kai with a YouTube Premium subscription. The service costs $11.99 monthly, with a one-month free trial.
Care to sample the show? You can watch the first two episodes from season one for free, right here:
Episode One: “Ace Degenerate”
Episode Two: “Strike First”
If you’d like to see the original story again – or for the first time – you can stream The Karate Kid (1984) with a CBS All Access subscription, or rent it starting at $2.99 from Amazon or other providers.
- BET+ Streamer Launches - September 20, 2019
- More ‘Disenchantment’ - September 19, 2019
- ‘Couch Tomatoes’ - September 19, 2019
- NBC’s Peacock Preview - September 18, 2019
- Spy’s Work-Life Balance - September 17, 2019
- Dropout’s ‘Game Changer’ - September 17, 2019
- ‘Two Ferns’ Movie - September 16, 2019
- Burns’ ‘Country Music’ - September 13, 2019
- This Weekend on Netflix - September 12, 2019
- Coming to Apple TV+ - September 11, 2019