(Above: Louis-Dreyfus, Zelenskiy)
Perhaps Julia Louis-Dreyfus, who plays the ex-president presidential candidate on HBO’s political satire Veep, should throw her hat in the ring for 2020?
After all, Volodymyr Zelenskiy, who plays the president of Ukraine on that country’s hit political satire, Servant of the People, has just been elected president of Ukraine in a landslide.
Curious about Servant of the People? Also a Netflix subscriber? You’re in luck! All 23 episodes of the show’s first season, from 2015, are available to binge.
The series was so popular in Ukraine that a feature film, Servant of the People 2, was released the following year.
Neither the 2016 movie nor season two of the TV series, from 2017, are streaming in the US.
Veep, btw, is currently in its seventh and final season, Sunday nights on HBO. All seven seasons – 62 episodes as of yesterday – can be binged by HBO Now subscribers. The first two seasons are also available to Amazon Prime subscribers.
- Spirits Network Debuts - July 22, 2019
- Busy July 20 at NASA TV - July 19, 2019
- CONtv + Comics Launches - July 19, 2019
- Tarantino Picks Flicks - July 18, 2019
- Bluprint Free This Week - July 17, 2019
- WTT on Dailymotion - July 17, 2019
- Efron/Kendrick Team-Ups - July 16, 2019
- Supporting Caregivers - July 16, 2019
- She’s Molly of Denali - July 15, 2019
- ‘Brash Girls Club’ Trio - July 15, 2019