(Above: “The Million Dollar Idea.” Source: CBS)
CBS will air two classic episodes of I Love Lucy tomorrow, April 19, at 8 pm ET/PT.
The colorized episodes, “The Million-Dollar Idea” and “Bonus Bucks,” star Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz as Lucy and Ricky Ricardo, and Vivian Vance and William Frawley as their best friends Fred and Ethel Mertz.
In “The Million-Dollar Idea,” which CBS premiered January 11, 1954, Lucy and Ethel hatch a big money-making idea — bottling and selling Lucy’s homemade salad dressing. A TV commercial leads to a cascade of orders, but Ricky discovers they are not charging enough to cover their costs. In order to discourage more orders, Lucy and Ethel make a second TV appearance to tank the business, but that only leads to more sales.
In “Bonus Bucks,” which debuted March 8, 1954, the Ricardos and Mertzs fight over ownership of a dollar bill worth $300 in a newspaper’s “Bonus Bucks” contest. To make peace, they decide to split the winnings – and the actual dollar bill. But when it’s time to present both halves to collect their winnings, Ricky can’t find the Ricardos’ portion. That’s because it’s in the pajamas Lucy sent to the laundry.
I Love Lucy episodes, in their original black-and-white, run weekday mornings at 9 am and 9:30 am on Decades. Decades can be seen free over the air via an antenna hooked up to your TV set. For local channel numbers, visit Decades’ “Where to Watch.”
- ‘Dead’ Profiles and More - July 14, 2021
- Kratts, Dogs, Wild Museums - July 12, 2021
- Troubled in Paradise - July 9, 2021
- More U.S. Viewers Cut the Cord - July 7, 2021
- Binge July 4th TV - July 2, 2021
- Binge ‘Hamilton’ and More - July 1, 2021
- ‘Twilight Zone’ Holiday - June 30, 2021
- ‘Innocent’ Anthology Returns - June 23, 2021
- South Asian Streamer Launches - June 21, 2021
- Apple TV+ Gets ‘Physical’ - June 16, 2021