(Above: “The Million Dollar Idea.” Source: CBS)
CBS will air two classic episodes of I Love Lucy tomorrow, April 19, at 8 pm ET/PT.
The colorized episodes, “The Million-Dollar Idea” and “Bonus Bucks,” star Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz as Lucy and Ricky Ricardo, and Vivian Vance and William Frawley as their best friends Fred and Ethel Mertz.
In “The Million-Dollar Idea,” which CBS premiered January 11, 1954, Lucy and Ethel hatch a big money-making idea — bottling and selling Lucy’s homemade salad dressing. A TV commercial leads to a cascade of orders, but Ricky discovers they are not charging enough to cover their costs. In order to discourage more orders, Lucy and Ethel make a second TV appearance to tank the business, but that only leads to more sales.
Below is the episode in its original black and white:
In “Bonus Bucks,” which debuted March 8, 1954, the Ricardos and Mertzs fight over ownership of a dollar bill worth $300 in a newspaper’s “Bonus Bucks” contest. To make peace, they decide to split the winnings – and the actual dollar bill. But when it’s time to present both halves to collect their winnings, Ricky can’t find the Ricardos’ portion. That’s because it’s in the pajamas Lucy sent to the laundry.
You can view that episode, in black and white, below:
I Love Lucy episodes, in their original black-and-white, run weekday mornings at 9 am and 9:30 am on Decades. Decades can be seen free over the air via an antenna hooked up to your TV set. For local channel numbers, visit Decades’ “Where to Watch.”
- Pacino’s Nazi ‘Hunters’ - February 20, 2020
- ‘Babies’ Doc on Netflix - February 19, 2020
- Trauma and Drama - February 18, 2020
- ‘Clone Wars’ Conclusion - February 17, 2020
- ‘Cable Girls’ Finale - February 14, 2020
- Feel Good Streamer - February 13, 2020
- Amazon Adds FlixLatino - February 13, 2020
- ‘Loch Ness’ Murder Mystery - February 12, 2020
- Streaming’s Most-Binged Shows - February 11, 2020
- ‘Conners’ Live Primary Show - February 7, 2020