(Above: Stanley Tucci and Kiernan Shipka in ‘The Silence.’ Source: Netflix)
Five days after the season two premiere of her Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Kiernan Shipka steps up in another supernatural Netflix turn tomorrow, April 10: The Silence, a 90-minute horror flick based on a 2015 novel by Tim Lebbon.
Shipka plays a deaf 16-year-old who hides out with her family from terrrifying flying (terri-flying?) creatures who hunt humans by their sounds. Miranda Otto, who plays Zelda Spellman on Sabrina, co-stars with Stanley Tucci and John Corbett.
John Leonetti (Annabelle) directed The Silence, which has drawn comparisons to last year’s theatrical feature A Quiet Place, Netflix’s own hit film Bird Box, and Alfred Hitchcock’s 1963 thriller The Birds. There has also been some criticism from the deaf community about casting of a hearing actor in the lead role.
For more, visit Netflix.
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021
- A Look at Local Now - April 23, 2021
- ‘Secrets of the Whales’ - April 22, 2021