(Above: Stanley Tucci and Kiernan Shipka in ‘The Silence.’ Source: Netflix)
Five days after the season two premiere of her Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Kiernan Shipka steps up in another supernatural Netflix turn tomorrow, April 10: The Silence, a 90-minute horror flick based on a 2015 novel by Tim Lebbon.
Shipka plays a deaf 16-year-old who hides out with her family from terrrifying flying (terri-flying?) creatures who hunt humans by their sounds. Miranda Otto, who plays Zelda Spellman on Sabrina, co-stars with Stanley Tucci and John Corbett.
John Leonetti (Annabelle) directed The Silence, which has drawn comparisons to last year’s theatrical feature A Quiet Place, Netflix’s own hit film Bird Box, and Alfred Hitchcock’s 1963 thriller The Birds. There has also been some criticism from the deaf community about casting of a hearing actor in the lead role.
For more, visit Netflix.
- Sandler & Aniston Again - June 14, 2019
- ‘Village of the Year’ - June 14, 2019
- RVN: ‘Bridging the Gap’ - June 13, 2019
- ‘Father Knows Best’ - June 12, 2019
- Netflix’s Arabic ‘Jinn’ - June 12, 2019
- ‘Real World’ Season 33 - June 11, 2019
- ‘City on a Hill’ Free - June 10, 2019
- Scandi-Kiwi Noir - June 10, 2019
- Binge ‘Adoptable!’ - June 7, 2019
- ‘Old Dogs & New Tricks’ - June 7, 2019