(Above: Stanley Tucci and Kiernan Shipka in ‘The Silence.’ Source: Netflix)
Five days after the season two premiere of her Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Kiernan Shipka steps up in another supernatural Netflix turn tomorrow, April 10: The Silence, a 90-minute horror flick based on a 2015 novel by Tim Lebbon.
Shipka plays a deaf 16-year-old who hides out with her family from terrrifying flying (terri-flying?) creatures who hunt humans by their sounds. Miranda Otto, who plays Zelda Spellman on Sabrina, co-stars with Stanley Tucci and John Corbett.
John Leonetti (Annabelle) directed The Silence, which has drawn comparisons to last year’s theatrical feature A Quiet Place, Netflix’s own hit film Bird Box, and Alfred Hitchcock’s 1963 thriller The Birds. There has also been some criticism from the deaf community about casting of a hearing actor in the lead role.
For more, visit Netflix.
- Notre-Dame Freebie - April 22, 2019
- Peabody Winners - April 19, 2019
- ‘My First First Love’ - April 18, 2019
- Unlocking ‘Wed-Locked’ - April 17, 2019
- ShemarooMe Launches - April 17, 2019
- Court TV Returns May 8 - April 16, 2019
- ‘Ministry of Evil’ Free - April 16, 2019
- ‘Nick’ Comes Knocking - April 15, 2019
- Finding Carol Burnett - April 12, 2019
- Sitcoms for Tax Day - April 12, 2019