(Above: Stanley Tucci and Kiernan Shipka in ‘The Silence.’ Source: Netflix)
Five days after the season two premiere of her Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Kiernan Shipka steps up in another supernatural Netflix turn tomorrow, April 10: The Silence, a 90-minute horror flick based on a 2015 novel by Tim Lebbon.
Shipka plays a deaf 16-year-old who hides out with her family from terrrifying flying (terri-flying?) creatures who hunt humans by their sounds. Miranda Otto, who plays Zelda Spellman on Sabrina, co-stars with Stanley Tucci and John Corbett.
John Leonetti (Annabelle) directed The Silence, which has drawn comparisons to last year’s theatrical feature A Quiet Place, Netflix’s own hit film Bird Box, and Alfred Hitchcock’s 1963 thriller The Birds. There has also been some criticism from the deaf community about casting of a hearing actor in the lead role.
For more, visit Netflix.
- Norwegian Drama Duo - July 19, 2021
- Chelsea Stardust Playlist - July 15, 2021
- ‘Schmigadoon!’/’Brigadoon’ - July 14, 2021
- Goode, Rhys, West, Purefoy - July 13, 2021
- Watch ‘Trick of the Witch’ - July 9, 2021
- Aristophanes’ ‘The Frogs’ - July 8, 2021
- JustWatch June Leaders - July 6, 2021
- ‘The Beast Must Die’ - July 2, 2021
- Netflix’s Beautiful Lover - July 1, 2021
- Somos.: Fact-Based Massacre - June 30, 2021