(Above: Noomi Rapace in ‘The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Source: IMBd)
Another arthouse streamer enters the fold.
Music Box Films has launched Music Box Direct, a subscription streaming service offering foreign and independent films, documentaries, and international TV shows.
Currently, 40 films are available, and Music Box Direct promises to add content monthly. Those films, plus Music Box Films’ larger catalog of more than 140 titles, can also be rented or purchased via numerous streaming services or on DVD. (Just click on a movie title like the Oscar-winning Ida and Music Box Films provides other streaming options in the right column). In addition, many of its titles can be watched for free on library streamer Kanopy (check with your local library to see if it participates).
What else can you get with Music Box Direct? The streamer features Academy Award-nominated A Man Called Ove; The Deep Blue Sea with Rachel Weisz and Tom Hiddleston; The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2009 Swedish version); and the documentary Meru, about three climbers’ attempt to scale the eponymous peak in the Indian Himalayas.
Music Box Direct is available now on Roku, with plans to expand to Amazon Fire TV and AppleTV. It costs $4.99 a month, or $49.99 a year, with a seven-day free trial.
Music Box Films partners with Chicago-based Music Box Theatre on arthouse screenings.
For more information, visit Music Box Direct.
- Free ‘Love’ From CBS - October 21, 2019
- ‘Twin Peaks’ Binge - October 18, 2019
- Living Room or Multiplex? - October 17, 2019
- Playing God - October 16, 2019
- AMC Theatres at Home - October 15, 2019
- Hulu Up North - October 14, 2019
- Boris Karloff’s ‘Thriller’ - October 11, 2019
- Jesse’s Back - October 10, 2019
- ‘Garden Party Massacre’ - October 10, 2019
- Rapping with the Stars - October 9, 2019