(Above: Maja Norberg in ‘Quicksand.’ Source: IMDb)
Quicksand, a six-episode Swedish crime drama based on Malin Persson Giolito’s novel of the same name, debuts today on Netflix.
Available with either subtitles or dubbed into English, Quicksand deals with a high school student Maja Norberg (Hanna Ardéhn), who is tried for murder following a mass shooting at a prep school in Stockholm’s wealthiest neighborhood. Details soon emerge about her relationship with Sebastian Fagerman (Felix Sandman) and his dysfunctional family.
The cast also includes David Dencik, Ella Rappich and Reuben Sallmander.
In its review of the book, The New York Times wrote that Quicksand “points to issues beyond its own frame,” including echoes of the 2011 Anders Breivik massacre of 77 people at a youth summer camp in Norway.
For more, visit Netflix.
- PBS Masterpiece Binge - June 14, 2019
- Lunar History - June 13, 2019
- Museum Binge Series - June 13, 2019
- Free ‘Desus & Mero’ - June 12, 2019
- Review: Netflix ‘Roasts’ - June 11, 2019
- ‘Strange Angel’ Returns - June 11, 2019
- Gen Z Celebrity - June 10, 2019
- ‘Nele Neuhaus Mysteries’ - June 7, 2019
- Bad Piggy - June 6, 2019
- ‘The Black Godfather’ - June 6, 2019