(Above: Maja Norberg in ‘Quicksand.’ Source: IMDb)
Quicksand, a six-episode Swedish crime drama based on Malin Persson Giolito’s novel of the same name, debuts today on Netflix.
Available with either subtitles or dubbed into English, Quicksand deals with a high school student Maja Norberg (Hanna Ardéhn), who is tried for murder following a mass shooting at a prep school in Stockholm’s wealthiest neighborhood. Details soon emerge about her relationship with Sebastian Fagerman (Felix Sandman) and his dysfunctional family.
The cast also includes David Dencik, Ella Rappich and Reuben Sallmander.
In its review of the book, The New York Times wrote that Quicksand “points to issues beyond its own frame,” including echoes of the 2011 Anders Breivik massacre of 77 people at a youth summer camp in Norway.
For more, visit Netflix.
- ‘Dead’ Profiles and More - July 14, 2021
- Kratts, Dogs, Wild Museums - July 12, 2021
- Troubled in Paradise - July 9, 2021
- More U.S. Viewers Cut the Cord - July 7, 2021
- Binge July 4th TV - July 2, 2021
- Binge ‘Hamilton’ and More - July 1, 2021
- ‘Twilight Zone’ Holiday - June 30, 2021
- ‘Innocent’ Anthology Returns - June 23, 2021
- South Asian Streamer Launches - June 21, 2021
- Apple TV+ Gets ‘Physical’ - June 16, 2021