(Above: Maja Norberg in ‘Quicksand.’ Source: IMDb)
Quicksand, a six-episode Swedish crime drama based on Malin Persson Giolito’s novel of the same name, debuts today on Netflix.
Available with either subtitles or dubbed into English, Quicksand deals with a high school student Maja Norberg (Hanna Ardéhn), who is tried for murder following a mass shooting at a prep school in Stockholm’s wealthiest neighborhood. Details soon emerge about her relationship with Sebastian Fagerman (Felix Sandman) and his dysfunctional family.
The cast also includes David Dencik, Ella Rappich and Reuben Sallmander.
In its review of the book, The New York Times wrote that Quicksand “points to issues beyond its own frame,” including echoes of the 2011 Anders Breivik massacre of 77 people at a youth summer camp in Norway.
For more, visit Netflix.
- Mehmed Conquers Netflix - January 24, 2020
- More ‘Mysteries’ on Acorn TV - January 24, 2020
- All Arts’ Holocaust Drama - January 23, 2020
- Hulu Gets More ‘Shrill’ - January 22, 2020
- Netflix’s Last Roundup - January 21, 2020
- ‘AfroPop’ Season 12 - January 20, 2020
- Ovid Films En Español - January 17, 2020
- Inner City Rugby Drama - January 16, 2020
- Acorn TV Gets ‘Dead Lucky’ - January 16, 2020
- ‘Dead Lands’ Thriller - January 15, 2020