(Above: Maja Norberg in ‘Quicksand.’ Source: IMDb)
Quicksand, a six-episode Swedish crime drama based on Malin Persson Giolito’s novel of the same name, debuts today on Netflix.
Available with either subtitles or dubbed into English, Quicksand deals with a high school student Maja Norberg (Hanna Ardéhn), who is tried for murder following a mass shooting at a prep school in Stockholm’s wealthiest neighborhood. Details soon emerge about her relationship with Sebastian Fagerman (Felix Sandman) and his dysfunctional family.
The cast also includes David Dencik, Ella Rappich and Reuben Sallmander.
In its review of the book, The New York Times wrote that Quicksand “points to issues beyond its own frame,” including echoes of the 2011 Anders Breivik massacre of 77 people at a youth summer camp in Norway.
For more, visit Netflix.
- Free ‘Love’ From CBS - October 21, 2019
- ‘Twin Peaks’ Binge - October 18, 2019
- Living Room or Multiplex? - October 17, 2019
- Playing God - October 16, 2019
- AMC Theatres at Home - October 15, 2019
- Hulu Up North - October 14, 2019
- Boris Karloff’s ‘Thriller’ - October 11, 2019
- Jesse’s Back - October 10, 2019
- ‘Garden Party Massacre’ - October 10, 2019
- Rapping with the Stars - October 9, 2019