(Above: Keir O’Donnell and Jessica McNamee, wishing they had read the Yelp reviews. Source: YouTube video)
Imagine Norman Bates with an irrepressible sense of humor.
Hulu has checked in with I’m Just F*cking with You, dedicated to the unofficial prankster holiday, April Fool’s Day, and moteliers everywhere.
In October, Hulu introduced its holiday-themed monthly horror movie anthology series, Into the Dark, with stories inspired by Halloween and Thanksgiving. In this seventh installment, a brother (Keir O’Donnell) and sister (Jessica McNamee) suffer a night of increasingly frightening practical jokes at a secluded motel. Hayes MacArthur plays the wacky motel employee.
Gregg Zehenter and Scott Barkan wrote the story, and Adam Mason directed.
Then, on Friday, May 3, Into the Dark will debut its Mother’s Day-themed feature episode, All That We Destroy. The tale involves a geneticist who creates a group of clones in an attempt to cure her son of serial-killer tendencies. In the process, he must relive the murder of his first victim.
All That We Destroy stars Samantha Mathis, Israel Broussard, Aurora Perrineau, Dora Madison and Frank Whaley. Sean Keller and Jim Agnew wrote the script and Chelsea Peters directed.
Into the Dark is produced by Blumhouse, the company behind such horror classics as Get Out, The Purge and Paranormal Activity.
For more information, visit Hulu.
- ‘Dead’ Profiles and More - July 14, 2021
- Kratts, Dogs, Wild Museums - July 12, 2021
- Troubled in Paradise - July 9, 2021
- More U.S. Viewers Cut the Cord - July 7, 2021
- Binge July 4th TV - July 2, 2021
- Binge ‘Hamilton’ and More - July 1, 2021
- ‘Twilight Zone’ Holiday - June 30, 2021
- ‘Innocent’ Anthology Returns - June 23, 2021
- South Asian Streamer Launches - June 21, 2021
- Apple TV+ Gets ‘Physical’ - June 16, 2021