A woman takes on the grocery industry by running a food co-op while simultaneously fighting for women’s rights in Miss Friman’s War, debuting today on subscription streamer MHz Choice.
Oh yes, the series is set in 1905 Sweden and based on a true story.
Sissela Kyle plays the titular Dagmar Friman, a fictional version of pioneering Swedish feminist Anna Whitlock.
The humorous drama originally ran for four seasons of three episodes each on Sweden’s SVT from 2013 to 2017.
MHz debuts season one today, April 2, and has announced the premieres of seasons two and three on April 16 and April 30, respectively.
MHz Choice subscribers can access the series at watch.mhzchoice.com/miss-friman-s-war.
MHZ Choice costs $7.99 monthly after a 30-day free trial. To subscribe, or for more info, visit mhzchoice.com.
- Norwegian Drama Duo - July 19, 2021
- Chelsea Stardust Playlist - July 15, 2021
- ‘Schmigadoon!’/’Brigadoon’ - July 14, 2021
- Goode, Rhys, West, Purefoy - July 13, 2021
- Watch ‘Trick of the Witch’ - July 9, 2021
- Aristophanes’ ‘The Frogs’ - July 8, 2021
- JustWatch June Leaders - July 6, 2021
- ‘The Beast Must Die’ - July 2, 2021
- Netflix’s Beautiful Lover - July 1, 2021
- Somos.: Fact-Based Massacre - June 30, 2021