A woman takes on the grocery industry by running a food co-op while simultaneously fighting for women’s rights in Miss Friman’s War, debuting today on subscription streamer MHz Choice.
Oh yes, the series is set in 1905 Sweden and based on a true story.
Sissela Kyle plays the titular Dagmar Friman, a fictional version of pioneering Swedish feminist Anna Whitlock.
The humorous drama originally ran for four seasons of three episodes each on Sweden’s SVT from 2013 to 2017.
MHz debuts season one today, April 2, and has announced the premieres of seasons two and three on April 16 and April 30, respectively.
MHz Choice subscribers can access the series at watch.mhzchoice.com/miss-friman-s-war.
MHZ Choice costs $7.99 monthly after a 30-day free trial. To subscribe, or for more info, visit mhzchoice.com.
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021