(Above: Harrelson and Costner in ‘The Highwaymen’)
Kevin Costner and Woody Harrelson star in The Highwaymen, a new Netflix film about two former Texas Rangers who brought down the legendary 1930s outlaws Bonnie and Clyde.
The Highwaymen, directed by John Lee Hancock (The Blind Side), also features Kathy Bates as “Ma” Ferguson, the first female governor of Texas, and Emily Brobst and Edward Bossert in the relatively minor roles of Bonnie and Clyde. The movie is streaming now at netflix.com/thehighwaymen.
To get the story from the point of view of the outlaws rather than the detectives, you’ll want to watch – or re-watch – the classic 1967 Bonnie and Clyde, starring Oscar nominees Faye Dunaway and Warren Beatty. It can be rented for as low as 99 cents from iTunes, or for $2.99 from other providers.
- Norwegian Drama Duo - July 19, 2021
- Chelsea Stardust Playlist - July 15, 2021
- ‘Schmigadoon!’/’Brigadoon’ - July 14, 2021
- Goode, Rhys, West, Purefoy - July 13, 2021
- Watch ‘Trick of the Witch’ - July 9, 2021
- Aristophanes’ ‘The Frogs’ - July 8, 2021
- JustWatch June Leaders - July 6, 2021
- ‘The Beast Must Die’ - July 2, 2021
- Netflix’s Beautiful Lover - July 1, 2021
- Somos.: Fact-Based Massacre - June 30, 2021