(Above: Shefali Shah in ‘Delhi Crime.’ Source: Netflix)
It’s a big weekend for US fans of Indian entertainment, with the debuts of Delhi Crime on Netflix and Premier League cricket on Hotstar.
Delhi Crime, which dropped this morning, is a seven-episode police procedural based on the true story of a 2012 brutal gang rape/murder that enraged Indians, resulting in protests for victims’ rights and legal changes. Delhi Crime is In Hindi and English, with subtitles, and stars Shefali Shah as investigating officer Varthika Chaturvedi.
For more info on Delhi Crime, visit Netflix.com/DelhiCrime. For more on the case itself, the 2015 BBC documentary India’s Daughter is available on Kanopy, a free streaming service for members of participating libraries.
Indian Premier League
The Indian Premier League (IPL) cricket matches will start tomorrow, March 23, on Hotstar, a subscription streaming service which offers Indian movies and TV dramas as well as sports. Hotstar will live-stream all the league’s matches, each of which will then be available on demand. Commentary is offered in six languages: English, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada and Bengali.
The IPL season includes 60 matches through Sunday, May 19. The first match is Saturday at 10:30 am ET between the Super Kings and Royal Challengers.
Here’s action from last year:
- Spirits Network Debuts - July 22, 2019
- Busy July 20 at NASA TV - July 19, 2019
- CONtv + Comics Launches - July 19, 2019
- Tarantino Picks Flicks - July 18, 2019
- Bluprint Free This Week - July 17, 2019
- WTT on Dailymotion - July 17, 2019
- Efron/Kendrick Team-Ups - July 16, 2019
- Supporting Caregivers - July 16, 2019
- She’s Molly of Denali - July 15, 2019
- ‘Brash Girls Club’ Trio - July 15, 2019