(Above: ‘Attack of the Killer Tomatoes,’ on Gravitas Movies. Source: YouTube video)
Independent film distributor Gravitas Ventures has launched Gravitas Movies, a subscription streaming service with a catalog of 1,000 movies from film festivals and filmmakers.
The streamer, which presents films ad-free, covers a range of categories including action, documentaries, international, comedy, crime, drama, health/wellness, coming of age, LGBTQ, adventure, sports/fitness, music, modern art, politics/news, mystery, science fiction and horror.
A quick perusal didn’t reveal any well-known titles (except perhaps the 1978 camp classic Attack of the Killer Tomatoes), suggesting that the Gravitas Movies library consists of truly eclectic indie fare.
Documentaries include An Inconvenient Tax (with former GOP presidential candidate Mike Huckabee), 420: The Documentary (how 420 became slang for marijuana), and American Grindhouse (a history of American exploitation films).
The action genre includes 22 Chaser (a truck driver chases down the most expensive tows), Assassins Revenge (a NYPD detective takes the law into his own hands) and Homicycle (a motorcycle-riding vigilante).
Horror offers such films as Frankenstein’s Hungry Dead (undead monsters hunt teens inside a wax museum), Alpha Wolf (a husband living with his wife in a secluded cabin turns into a werewolf) and Playing with Dolls: Blood Lust (a real slasher invades a fake reality horror TV show).
Gravitas Movies plans to add a new film every day.
The service costs $4.99 a month or $39.99 annually and includes a seven-day free trial.
For more information, visit Gravitas Movies.
- Drug-Addled ET on Shudder - May 7, 2021
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021
- ‘Midsomer Murders’ Season 22 - April 19, 2021
- ‘Beverly Hillbillies’ Binge - April 16, 2021
- AMC+’s Cold War Thriller - April 14, 2021