(Above: Heino Ferch as ‘Allmen.’ Source: YouTube)
Johann Friedrich von Allmen, played by Heino Ferch, is a sophisticated art thief turned amateur detective in two humorous 90-minute mysteries debuting today on subscription streamer MHz Choice.
Allmen is accompanied on his missions by a trusty valet (Samuel Finzi). He also likes to talk directly to you, the viewer, aka “breaking the fourth wall.”
Allmen: The Secret of the Dragonflies and Allmen: The Pink Diamond, both of which originally ran in Germany in 2017, are based on novels by Swiss author Martin Suter. A third film in the series, Allmen: The Mystery of the Dahlias, is expected to debut in Germany later this year.
MHZ Choice, which specializes in subtitled European dramas, costs $7.99 monthly after a 30-day free trial. But you can get 50% off your first month by using the promo code SPRING19. To subscribe, or for more info, visit mhzchoice.com.
- Peter Fonda’s Best Free - August 19, 2019
- Oh on Acorn’s ‘Thorne’ - August 19, 2019
- Stadium Starts Football - August 16, 2019
- Celebrate Janis Joplin - August 15, 2019
- Have a Kookie Weekend - August 15, 2019
- Back to ‘Downton Abbey’ - August 14, 2019
- An ‘Immoral Dilemma’ - August 13, 2019
- Let’s Talk Dementia - August 13, 2019
- Blame ‘The Scapegoat’ - August 12, 2019
- Facebook’s Amazon Doc - August 9, 2019