(Above: Heino Ferch as ‘Allmen.’ Source: YouTube)
Johann Friedrich von Allmen, played by Heino Ferch, is a sophisticated art thief turned amateur detective in two humorous 90-minute mysteries debuting today on subscription streamer MHz Choice.
Allmen is accompanied on his missions by a trusty valet (Samuel Finzi). He also likes to talk directly to you, the viewer, aka “breaking the fourth wall.”
Allmen: The Secret of the Dragonflies and Allmen: The Pink Diamond, both of which originally ran in Germany in 2017, are based on novels by Swiss author Martin Suter. A third film in the series, Allmen: The Mystery of the Dahlias, is expected to debut in Germany later this year.
MHZ Choice, which specializes in subtitled European dramas, costs $7.99 monthly after a 30-day free trial. But you can get 50% off your first month by using the promo code SPRING19. To subscribe, or for more info, visit mhzchoice.com.
- ‘Will & Grace’ Returns - October 23, 2019
- A Meeting of Kings - October 22, 2019
- ‘Intelligent Lives’ Doc - October 21, 2019
- Dorothy Stratten Videos - October 18, 2019
- YouTube’s ‘Booktube’ - October 17, 2019
- Facebook’s ‘Limetown’ - October 16, 2019
- An Ad-Supported MHz - October 16, 2019
- ‘Craig Fixada America’ - October 15, 2019
- Fill up on ‘Corner Gas’ - October 14, 2019
- Robert Forster Sampler - October 14, 2019