(Above: Heino Ferch as ‘Allmen.’ Source: YouTube)
Johann Friedrich von Allmen, played by Heino Ferch, is a sophisticated art thief turned amateur detective in two humorous 90-minute mysteries debuting today on subscription streamer MHz Choice.
Allmen is accompanied on his missions by a trusty valet (Samuel Finzi). He also likes to talk directly to you, the viewer, aka “breaking the fourth wall.”
Allmen: The Secret of the Dragonflies and Allmen: The Pink Diamond, both of which originally ran in Germany in 2017, are based on novels by Swiss author Martin Suter. A third film in the series, Allmen: The Mystery of the Dahlias, is expected to debut in Germany later this year.
MHZ Choice, which specializes in subtitled European dramas, costs $7.99 monthly after a 30-day free trial. But you can get 50% off your first month by using the promo code SPRING19. To subscribe, or for more info, visit mhzchoice.com.
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021
- A Look at Local Now - April 23, 2021
- ‘Secrets of the Whales’ - April 22, 2021
- ‘Philly D.A.’ Docuseries - April 20, 2021