(Above: The ‘Farscape’ cast. Photo courtesy The Jim Henson Company)
The Jim Henson Company’s science fiction series Farscape is slated to debut today on Amazon Prime in remastered high definition.
March 19th marks the 20th anniversary premiere of the Australian-US production, which originally ran for 88 episodes over four seasons (1999-2003) on the Sci-Fi Channel (now SyFy).
Farscape stars Ben Browder as astronaut John Crichton who, accidentally pulled into a wormhole, finds himself thousands of galaxies away from Earth aboard a starship of aliens. The aliens are escaping political prisoners being pursued by the mercenary “Peacekeepers.”
The cast also includes Claudia Black as a renegade Peacekeeper; Anthony Simcoe as a Luxan warrior; and Virginia Hey as a plant species.
Amazon Prime will also offer the two-episode Emmy-nominated miniseries Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars. In that sequel, Crichton must come to the rescue as a war breaks out between the Peacekeepers and the evil Scarran Empire.
For more information, visit Amazon Prime.
- ‘Dead’ Profiles and More - July 14, 2021
- Kratts, Dogs, Wild Museums - July 12, 2021
- Troubled in Paradise - July 9, 2021
- More U.S. Viewers Cut the Cord - July 7, 2021
- Binge July 4th TV - July 2, 2021
- Binge ‘Hamilton’ and More - July 1, 2021
- ‘Twilight Zone’ Holiday - June 30, 2021
- ‘Innocent’ Anthology Returns - June 23, 2021
- South Asian Streamer Launches - June 21, 2021
- Apple TV+ Gets ‘Physical’ - June 16, 2021