(Above: Patricia Arquette and Joey King in ‘The Act.’ Source: Hulu)
June 6, 2015, Dannemora, NY — Two inmates escaped today from this town’s Clinton Correctional Facility.
June 14, 2015: Springfield, MO — Dee Dee Blanchard, the mother of a severely disabled girl, was found murdered here today.
Two events a week apart. Nothing else in common…except they’ve both now been turned into limited TV series starring the very versatile Patricia Arquette.
For Showtime’s recent Escape at Dannemora, Arquette won a Golden Globe for her portrayal of Tilly Mitchell, a frumpy, unlikable married prison worker who becomes sexually involved with two prisoners (Benicio del Toro, Paul Dano) and then helps them escape.
In Hulu’s The Act, debuting tomorrow, March 20, Arquette’s Blanchard is again involved in an escape – only, this time, the “escapee” is her daughter Gypsy (Joey King) who’s desperate to get out from under her overbearing mom.
Hulu will drop the first two episodes of The Act tomorrow, with the remainder of the eight-episode series released on subsequent Wednesdays. For more info, or to subscribe, visit Hulu.
- Tulsa Race Massacre, 1921 - May 18, 2021
- Emily Watson’s ‘Too Close’ - May 17, 2021
- The Red Rose of Mumbai? - May 14, 2021
- Rotten Tomatoes Channel - May 13, 2021
- 85 Years of Wavy Gravy - May 12, 2021
- We Clap for ‘Clipped’ - May 11, 2021
- A Canary Islands Thriller - May 11, 2021
- Guide to ‘Those Who Kill’ - May 10, 2021
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021