(Above: Patricia Arquette and Joey King in ‘The Act.’ Source: Hulu)
June 6, 2015, Dannemora, NY — Two inmates escaped today from this town’s Clinton Correctional Facility.
June 14, 2015: Springfield, MO — Dee Dee Blanchard, the mother of a severely disabled girl, was found murdered here today.
Two events a week apart. Nothing else in common…except they’ve both now been turned into limited TV series starring the very versatile Patricia Arquette.
For Showtime’s recent Escape at Dannemora, Arquette won a Golden Globe for her portrayal of Tilly Mitchell, a frumpy, unlikable married prison worker who becomes sexually involved with two prisoners (Benicio del Toro, Paul Dano) and then helps them escape.
In Hulu’s The Act, debuting tomorrow, March 20, Arquette’s Blanchard is again involved in an escape – only, this time, the “escapee” is her daughter Gypsy (Joey King) who’s desperate to get out from under her overbearing mom.
Hulu will drop the first two episodes of The Act tomorrow, with the remainder of the eight-episode series released on subsequent Wednesdays. For more info, or to subscribe, visit Hulu.
- Norwegian Drama Duo - July 19, 2021
- Chelsea Stardust Playlist - July 15, 2021
- ‘Schmigadoon!’/’Brigadoon’ - July 14, 2021
- Goode, Rhys, West, Purefoy - July 13, 2021
- Watch ‘Trick of the Witch’ - July 9, 2021
- Aristophanes’ ‘The Frogs’ - July 8, 2021
- JustWatch June Leaders - July 6, 2021
- ‘The Beast Must Die’ - July 2, 2021
- Netflix’s Beautiful Lover - July 1, 2021
- Somos.: Fact-Based Massacre - June 30, 2021