(Above source: YouTube video)
OntheBoards.tv, the streaming service of the Seattle-based performing arts organization On the Boards, will live-stream a free 24-hour “PBS-style telethon” Kickstarter campaign tomorrow, March 15, starting at 11 am ET on YouTube.
The goal, the organization said, is to raise $10,000 to help with “software” expenses, as well as raise audience awareness.
The telethon will consist of 15 films, including works by choreographer, performer, and 2018 McArthur Fellow Okwui Okpokwasili; playwright and director Tina Satter; musician, composer, and stand-up comedian Ahamefule Oluo; and Halory Goerger and Antoine Defoort’s experimental theater work, Germinal.
Oluo talks about his comedy below:
You can find the full telethon schedule at Ontheboards.org.
OntheBoards.tv, which launched in 2010, now has a library of 60 performances by 57 artists, including Young Jean Lee, Bebe Miller Company, Radiohole, The Rude Mechs, and Lars Jan.
The organization works with media partners to capture contemporary arts performances to show exclusively on its streamer. You can rent ($5) or buy ($15) individual films; or pay $50 for an annual subscription with unlimited streaming.The service also offers a special rate to universities for campus-wide streaming. OntheBoards.tv says it’s available in the US and in more than 150 countries.
OntheBoards reports that 70 percent of its funding comes from donations. Supporters include the Andrew W. Mellon and Bill & Melinda Gates Foundations.
- Drug-Addled ET on Shudder - May 7, 2021
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021
- ‘Midsomer Murders’ Season 22 - April 19, 2021
- ‘Beverly Hillbillies’ Binge - April 16, 2021
- AMC+’s Cold War Thriller - April 14, 2021