(Idris Elba and Frankie Hervey in ‘Turn Up Charlie.’ Source: Netflix)
Idris Elba is in the running to be the next James Bond (the odds are currently 4-1). But before Elba pursues international intrigue, he must take on the domesticity of a ‘manny.’
In Turn Up Charlie, an eight-episode British comedy series debuting this Friday, March 15, on Netflix, Elba is the title character: a struggling DJ and bachelor who may finally have a chance at success – except that he agrees to become a male nanny to his best friend’s wayward daughter, Gabby (Frankie Hervey).
The cast also includes Piper Perabo and JJ Field.
Elba co-created Turn Up Charlie with Gary Reich and is an executive producer. The series is co-produced by Reich’s Brown Eyed Boy Productions and Elba’s Green Door Pictures.
For more information, visit Netflix.
- ‘Dead’ Profiles and More - July 14, 2021
- Kratts, Dogs, Wild Museums - July 12, 2021
- Troubled in Paradise - July 9, 2021
- More U.S. Viewers Cut the Cord - July 7, 2021
- Binge July 4th TV - July 2, 2021
- Binge ‘Hamilton’ and More - July 1, 2021
- ‘Twilight Zone’ Holiday - June 30, 2021
- ‘Innocent’ Anthology Returns - June 23, 2021
- South Asian Streamer Launches - June 21, 2021
- Apple TV+ Gets ‘Physical’ - June 16, 2021