(Idris Elba and Frankie Hervey in ‘Turn Up Charlie.’ Source: Netflix)
Idris Elba is in the running to be the next James Bond (the odds are currently 4-1). But before Elba pursues international intrigue, he must take on the domesticity of a ‘manny.’
In Turn Up Charlie, an eight-episode British comedy series debuting this Friday, March 15, on Netflix, Elba is the title character: a struggling DJ and bachelor who may finally have a chance at success – except that he agrees to become a male nanny to his best friend’s wayward daughter, Gabby (Frankie Hervey).
The cast also includes Piper Perabo and JJ Field.
Elba co-created Turn Up Charlie with Gary Reich and is an executive producer. The series is co-produced by Reich’s Brown Eyed Boy Productions and Elba’s Green Door Pictures.
For more information, visit Netflix.
- Classical Music Contest - March 21, 2019
- Eclectic Indie Streamer - March 20, 2019
- Remastered ‘Farscape’ - March 19, 2019
- Why Streamers Quit - March 19, 2019
- Prime PBS Living - March 18, 2019
- Netflix Adult Animation - March 15, 2019
- Free Arts Telethon - March 14, 2019
- ‘YooHoo to the Rescue’ - March 14, 2019
- Comedy for Cord-Cutters - March 13, 2019
- Before Bond: ‘Manny’ - March 12, 2019