(Above: Dragomir Mrsic stars in ‘Alex’)
In Alex, a real-life ex-con plays a dirty cop whose desperate efforts to go straight drive him further into the underworld.
Star Dragomir Mrsic co-wrote the Swedish series, based on his own original idea. Mrsic served three years in prison in the early ’90s and then broke through as an actor in Sweden’s 2010 film Easy Money. Internationally, he appeared opposite Tom Cruise in Edge of Tomorrow (2014).
Alex premieres today in the US on subscription streamer MHz Choice.
Alex’s first season of six episodes originally ran in 2017 on Nordic subscription streamer Viaplay. Mhz is dropping the first two episodes today, two more next Tuesday, March 12, and the final two on March 19.
Viaplay has ordered a second season, set to debut later this year in Scandinavia.
MHZ Choice costs $7.99 monthly after a 30-day free trial. But you can get 50% off your first month by using the promo code NEWYEAR19. To subscribe, or for more info, visit mhzchoice.com.
- Tulsa Race Massacre, 1921 - May 18, 2021
- Emily Watson’s ‘Too Close’ - May 17, 2021
- The Red Rose of Mumbai? - May 14, 2021
- Rotten Tomatoes Channel - May 13, 2021
- 85 Years of Wavy Gravy - May 12, 2021
- We Clap for ‘Clipped’ - May 11, 2021
- A Canary Islands Thriller - May 11, 2021
- Guide to ‘Those Who Kill’ - May 10, 2021
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021