(Above: Dragomir Mrsic stars in ‘Alex’)
In Alex, a real-life ex-con plays a dirty cop whose desperate efforts to go straight drive him further into the underworld.
Star Dragomir Mrsic co-wrote the Swedish series, based on his own original idea. Mrsic served three years in prison in the early ’90s and then broke through as an actor in Sweden’s 2010 film Easy Money. Internationally, he appeared opposite Tom Cruise in Edge of Tomorrow (2014).
Alex premieres today in the US on subscription streamer MHz Choice.
Alex’s first season of six episodes originally ran in 2017 on Nordic subscription streamer Viaplay. Mhz is dropping the first two episodes today, two more next Tuesday, March 12, and the final two on March 19.
Viaplay has ordered a second season, set to debut later this year in Scandinavia.
MHZ Choice costs $7.99 monthly after a 30-day free trial. But you can get 50% off your first month by using the promo code NEWYEAR19. To subscribe, or for more info, visit mhzchoice.com.
- Dorothy Stratten Videos - October 18, 2019
- YouTube’s ‘Booktube’ - October 17, 2019
- Facebook’s ‘Limetown’ - October 16, 2019
- An Ad-Supported MHz - October 16, 2019
- ‘Craig Fixada America’ - October 15, 2019
- Fill up on ‘Corner Gas’ - October 14, 2019
- Robert Forster Sampler - October 14, 2019
- HBO’s Gary Gulman Free - October 11, 2019
- 25 Films in 25 Minutes - October 11, 2019
- Marshall Efron Classics - October 10, 2019