With Peter Tork’s death yesterday at 77, lots of folks want to watch The Monkees. But the ‘60s series isn’t officially streaming anywhere nor airing regularly on any of the over-the-air classic TV channels.
Me TV, though, has come to the rescue. This Sunday, at 5 pm ET, it will air two Monkees episodes centering around Peter: “One Man Shy” (from December 1966) and “The Devil and Peter Tork” (an Emmy nominee for best directing, from February 1968).
Here, from “One Man Shy,” aka “Peter and the Debutante,” is the mega-hit “I’m a Believer”:
You can watch Me TV for free with an antenna hooked up to your TV set. For the channel number in your area, check MeTV.com/wheretowatch.
The Savvy Screener now turns to YouTube for two more stellar Tork moments!
The only episode of The Monkees that Tork directed, “Monkees Mind Their Manor,” from February 1968:
The cult movie, Head, released post-Monkees in November 1968:
Jack Nicholson co-wrote the psychedelic classic, which features not only Tork and the other Monkees, but also Annette Funicello, Victor Mature, Tim Carey, Frank Zappa, Teri Garr and many other cameos. Nicholson also wrote the film’s Monkees theme song parody, featured in the following trailer:
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021