Warrior Women, a documentary about female leadership in the 1970s’ fight for American Indian civil rights, will stream free for a month at worldchannel.org starting this Monday, February 25.
The film, focusing on Lakota leader Madonna Thunder Hawk, and her daughter, Marcy Gilbert, will also run over-the-air on public TV’s World Channel at 8 pm ET, Monday, March 4.
Celebrating Women’s History Month in March, World Channel will also present three other documentaries: ¡Las Sandinista! also looks at women warriors. but this time those who fought with Nicaragua’s Sandinistas in the ‘70s and ‘80s; Facing the Dragon profiles two Afghan women on the front lines in their country as the US starts withdrawing and the Taliban starts regaining power; and Daze of Justice deals with Cambodian-American women breaking decades of silence as they journey back to their native land to bear witness against Khmer Rouge atrocities.
Those three documentaries will premiere on consecutive Sundays at 10 pm, starting March 10.
Here’s a trailer for Daze of Justice.
To find your local World Channel station, go to worldchannel.org and click on the “Set Station” tab.
- Indian Crime & Cricket - March 22, 2019
- Sunday is ‘Playtime’ - March 22, 2019
- Play Ball! - March 21, 2019
- European Youth Hoops - March 21, 2019
- ‘Most Beautiful Thing’ - March 20, 2019
- YouTube Steps Up - March 20, 2019
- Arquette = True Crime - March 19, 2019
- Sleuth Breaks 4th Wall - March 19, 2019
- Schumer’s ‘Growing’ - March 18, 2019
- DC Universe Freebies - March 18, 2019