Warrior Women, a documentary about female leadership in the 1970s’ fight for American Indian civil rights, will stream free for a month at worldchannel.org starting this Monday, February 25.
The film, focusing on Lakota leader Madonna Thunder Hawk, and her daughter, Marcy Gilbert, will also run over-the-air on public TV’s World Channel at 8 pm ET, Monday, March 4.
Celebrating Women’s History Month in March, World Channel will also present three other documentaries: ¡Las Sandinista! also looks at women warriors. but this time those who fought with Nicaragua’s Sandinistas in the ‘70s and ‘80s; Facing the Dragon profiles two Afghan women on the front lines in their country as the US starts withdrawing and the Taliban starts regaining power; and Daze of Justice deals with Cambodian-American women breaking decades of silence as they journey back to their native land to bear witness against Khmer Rouge atrocities.
Those three documentaries will premiere on consecutive Sundays at 10 pm, starting March 10.
Here’s a trailer for Daze of Justice.
To find your local World Channel station, go to worldchannel.org and click on the “Set Station” tab.
- Peter Fonda’s Best Free - August 19, 2019
- Oh on Acorn’s ‘Thorne’ - August 19, 2019
- Stadium Starts Football - August 16, 2019
- Celebrate Janis Joplin - August 15, 2019
- Have a Kookie Weekend - August 15, 2019
- Back to ‘Downton Abbey’ - August 14, 2019
- An ‘Immoral Dilemma’ - August 13, 2019
- Let’s Talk Dementia - August 13, 2019
- Blame ‘The Scapegoat’ - August 12, 2019
- Facebook’s Amazon Doc - August 9, 2019