(Above: Michael Cera in ‘Weird City.’ Source: YouTube screenshot)
Jordan Peele, who wrote and directed the satirical and disturbing racial commentary Get Out (for which he won a Best Screenplay Oscar), has brought a new six-episode series to YouTube Premium.
Weird City is a half-hour sci-fi comedy anthology set in the city of Weird. Although each episode occurs in the near future, the show deals with familiar issues such as dating, relationships and social acceptance.
The show includes guest appearances by Sara Gilbert, Ed O’Neill, Dylan O’Brien, Rosario Dawson, Michael Cera, LeVar Burton and Mark Hamill.
Peele co-wrote the series with his Key & Peele collaborator Charlie Sanders.
You can view the first two episodes for free right here.
In episode one, Stu (O’Brien) and Burt (O’Neill) discover that love can be found in the most unexpected places.
In episode two, Tawny (Cera) joins ShapeCult gym hoping to find acceptance.
The other four episodes are accessible with a YouTube Premium subscription via the Weird City YouTube channel.
YouTube Premium costs $11.99 per month. There is also a $5.99 per month option for students, and a $17.99 family subscription that allows up to six household members to stream. All options come with a one-month free trial. Visit youtube.com/premium for more info.
- ‘Dead’ Profiles and More - July 14, 2021
- Kratts, Dogs, Wild Museums - July 12, 2021
- Troubled in Paradise - July 9, 2021
- More U.S. Viewers Cut the Cord - July 7, 2021
- Binge July 4th TV - July 2, 2021
- Binge ‘Hamilton’ and More - July 1, 2021
- ‘Twilight Zone’ Holiday - June 30, 2021
- ‘Innocent’ Anthology Returns - June 23, 2021
- South Asian Streamer Launches - June 21, 2021
- Apple TV+ Gets ‘Physical’ - June 16, 2021