NBC this Sunday (9 pm ET/PT) will air Elvis All-Star Tribute, a 50th anniversary salute to the network’s Elvis’ 68 Comeback Special.
The following preview alone features John Legend, Josh Groban, Allesia Cara, Kelsea Ballerini and host Blake Shelton. Other performers will include John Fogerty, Mac Davis, Adam Lambert, Jennifer Lopez, Keith Urban and more.
But what if you’d like to view the original one-hour show before partaking of its two-hour tribute? No problem! NBC has made it available free to everyone at NBC.com.
But don’t think that’s the complete special as it aired Tuesday, December 3, 1968.To prove it, here are the original opening and subsequent commercials from the show, then titled Singer Presents…Elvis:
The 1968 special, which NBC promises to recreate through songs and staging, finished with Presley’s dramatic rendition of a brand-new, then-relevant song, “If I Can Dream.” On Sunday, Carrie Underwood, Shawn Mendes, Post Malone, Darius Rucker and Shelton will join Presley on the tune.
Sadly, “If I Can Dream” is still relevant. So we’ll conclude with Presley’s solo in the original finale:
- BitMovio’s Beta Launch - February 20, 2019
- Netflix: ‘Workin’ Moms’ - February 20, 2019
- Davis, Pride & ‘Me’ - February 19, 2019
- ‘Amos ‘n Andy Anatomy’ - February 15, 2019
- Unlikely Superheroes - February 15, 2019
- HG Wells & JJ Abrams - February 14, 2019
- ‘Singer Presents…Elvis’ - February 13, 2019
- Classic TV Weddings - February 13, 2019
- ‘The Way We Weren’t’ - February 12, 2019
- ‘Moscow Never Sleeps’ - February 12, 2019