(Above: Ben Lawson and Fiona Gubelmann star in ‘The Way We Weren’t’)
Don’t confuse The Way We Weren’t with The Way We Were.
The latter was a 1973 romantic drama starring Barbra Streisand and Robert Redford. Directed by Sidney Pollack and distributed by Columbia Pictures, it won two Oscars for its music by Marvin Hamlisch.
The former is a new romantic comedy starring Fiona Gubelmann and Ben Lawson, with music by Benjamin Zecker. Directed by Rick Hays and distributed by Vision Films, it won top honors at last year’s Portland Comedy Film Festival.
The synopsis: “When Charlotte and Brandon meet, they pretend to be each other’s perfect match and rush into marriage after failing in previous relationships. Then they soon discover who they’ve vowed to spend the rest of their lives with, for better or worse.”
“The Way We Weren’t is the perfect romantic comedy to release on Valentine’s Day for all us who can’t seem to find the perfect match, or… maybe our ‘perfect’ match is not perfect, and then this is what makes him or her just perfect,” said Lise Romanoff, CEO/Managing Director of Vision Films.
The Way We Were can be streamed from various providers starting at $2.99.
- Tulsa Race Massacre, 1921 - May 18, 2021
- Emily Watson’s ‘Too Close’ - May 17, 2021
- The Red Rose of Mumbai? - May 14, 2021
- Rotten Tomatoes Channel - May 13, 2021
- 85 Years of Wavy Gravy - May 12, 2021
- We Clap for ‘Clipped’ - May 11, 2021
- A Canary Islands Thriller - May 11, 2021
- Guide to ‘Those Who Kill’ - May 10, 2021
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021