(Above: ‘Parkland: Inside Building 12.’ Source: YouTube screenshot)
Parkland: Inside Building 12, a documentary about the horrific February 14, 2018 shootings at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, is now available online.
The film, by Charlie Minn, recounts how a teenaged gunman massacred 17 students and staff members, and injured 17 others, in the deadliest school shooting in US history.
Parkland: Inside Building 12 features interviews with students and teachers, reenactments, never-released crime-scene footage, and visual guides that show how the attack unfolded. It also explores ways such tragedies might be prevented in the future.
“Six minutes and 20 seconds. That’s all it took for a normal school day to become a national nightmare. For the survivors, for the victims, and for their loved ones, it’s a tragedy we must never forget – and we made this film in their honor,” said Minn.
“The survivors of Parkland have created a movement,” he added. “One year after Parkland, we hope this film can contribute to the grassroots movement that prompted students, faculty, and parents to seek real change.”
It’s also available to borrow via Hoopla Digital, a free streamer available through public libraries in the US and Canada. To find out if your library participates, visit Hoopla Digital or contact your local branch.
- Classic ‘Lucy’ in Color - April 18, 2019
- ‘Space Waste Odyssey’ - April 18, 2019
- Jesus TV Series - April 17, 2019
- Hulu’s ‘Ramy’ - April 16, 2019
- ‘Hardcore’ Monopoly - April 16, 2019
- Celebrating Chaplin - April 15, 2019
- Disney+ Debuts Nov. 12 - April 12, 2019
- ‘Les Misérables’ on PBS - April 11, 2019
- Gimme a Marathon! - April 11, 2019
- Lizzie Borden Binger - April 10, 2019