(Above: Rachel Weisz and Olivia Colman in ‘The Favourite.’ Source: YouTube screenshot)
The Favourite, which just won seven BAFTA awards including Leading Actress for Olivia Colman and Supporting Actress for Rachel Weisz, will be available for purchase online starting tomorrow, February 12.
The film, set in early 18th Century England, stars Colman as Queen Anne, who, frail in both body and mind, is guided by close confidant Lady Sarah (Weisz). Lady Sarah also takes on a new servant Abigail (Emma Stone) whom she intends to mentor. Abigail, however, scheming a return to the aristocracy, seeks to undermine Lady Sarah and take her place as the Queen’s ‘favourite.’
The BAFTAs are considered a bellwether for a film’s success at the Oscars. The Favourite has 10 Academy Award nominations including Best Picture, Best Actress, Best Director, Best Supporting Actress and Best Original Screenplay. The 2019 Oscar ceremony will air on ABC starting at 8 pm ET, Sunday, February 24.
Pricing was not announced, but The Favourite will be available via several services participating in Movies Anywhere.
Movies Anywhere allows viewers to use one free online account to store movies bought from Amazon, Vudu, iTunes, FandangoNow, Google Play and other providers. The titles are then watchable via connective TV and mobile devices.
For more information, visit Movies Anywhere.
- Drug-Addled ET on Shudder - May 7, 2021
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021
- ‘Midsomer Murders’ Season 22 - April 19, 2021
- ‘Beverly Hillbillies’ Binge - April 16, 2021
- AMC+’s Cold War Thriller - April 14, 2021