Maya Erskine and Anna Konkle, who were both 13 years old back in the year 2000, have created and written a new Hulu series about two 13-year-old girls coping with puberty in the year 2000.
It’s a comedy, in which Erskine and Konkle play the lead roles themselves. They’re surrounded by actual 13-year-old actors — who might not even be allowed to watch the series, since it’s rated TV-MA (“specifically designed to be viewed by adults, and therefore may be unsuitable for children under 17”).
But you can’t keep the show’s name from them. In the most obvious title play on words since Schitt’s Creek, it’s PEN15 — which we’ve written in all caps in case you’d miss the visual pun.
PEN15 also refers to a middle school prank, featured in the series, where kids get tricked into writing the word somewhere on their body.
So now it’s time for the PEN15trailer:
Hulu subscribers can see all 10 episodes of PEN15 starting today, February 8.
- Kobe’s Oscar Winner - January 27, 2020
- Netflix’s ‘Ragnarok’ - January 27, 2020
- Bieber vs. Swift Again - January 24, 2020
- ‘My Grandfather’s Prayers’ - January 24, 2020
- MHz’s Mafia Musical - January 23, 2020
- ‘October Faction’ Debuts - January 23, 2020
- ‘Story Trek: Trending’ - January 22, 2020
- DMR’s Linear Launches - January 22, 2020
- OTA Lifestyle Changes - January 21, 2020
- Court & Crime Additions - January 21, 2020