Maya Erskine and Anna Konkle, who were both 13 years old back in the year 2000, have created and written a new Hulu series about two 13-year-old girls coping with puberty in the year 2000.
It’s a comedy, in which Erskine and Konkle play the lead roles themselves. They’re surrounded by actual 13-year-old actors — who might not even be allowed to watch the series, since it’s rated TV-MA (“specifically designed to be viewed by adults, and therefore may be unsuitable for children under 17”).
But you can’t keep the show’s name from them. In the most obvious title play on words since Schitt’s Creek, it’s PEN15 — which we’ve written in all caps in case you’d miss the visual pun.
PEN15 also refers to a middle school prank, featured in the series, where kids get tricked into writing the word somewhere on their body.
So now it’s time for the PEN15trailer:
Hulu subscribers can see all 10 episodes of PEN15 starting today, February 8.
- ‘God’s Wrecking Ball’ - September 28, 2020
- Grandfather of the Bride? - September 25, 2020
- Anarchist Dispatches - September 25, 2020
- Amazon’s Utopian Vision - September 24, 2020
- Women’s Cancer Benefit - September 24, 2020
- Thursday’s for the Dogs - September 22, 2020
- Tales of Two ‘Doctors’ - September 21, 2020
- ‘Spides’ Free on Crackle - September 17, 2020
- ‘SummerStage Jubilee’ - September 17, 2020
- Grammy Museum Streamer - September 16, 2020