Maya Erskine and Anna Konkle, who were both 13 years old back in the year 2000, have created and written a new Hulu series about two 13-year-old girls coping with puberty in the year 2000.
It’s a comedy, in which Erskine and Konkle play the lead roles themselves. They’re surrounded by actual 13-year-old actors — who might not even be allowed to watch the series, since it’s rated TV-MA (“specifically designed to be viewed by adults, and therefore may be unsuitable for children under 17”).
But you can’t keep the show’s name from them. In the most obvious title play on words since Schitt’s Creek, it’s PEN15 — which we’ve written in all caps in case you’d miss the visual pun.
PEN15 also refers to a middle school prank, featured in the series, where kids get tricked into writing the word somewhere on their body.
So now it’s time for the PEN15trailer:
Hulu subscribers can see all 10 episodes of PEN15 starting today, February 8.
- Busy July 20 at NASA TV - July 19, 2019
- CONtv + Comics Launches - July 19, 2019
- Tarantino Picks Flicks - July 18, 2019
- Bluprint Free This Week - July 17, 2019
- WTT on Dailymotion - July 17, 2019
- Efron/Kendrick Team-Ups - July 16, 2019
- Supporting Caregivers - July 16, 2019
- She’s Molly of Denali - July 15, 2019
- ‘Brash Girls Club’ Trio - July 15, 2019
- Fox Brings Back Decades - July 12, 2019