(Above: Ben McKenzie in ‘Johnny Got His Gun’)
A decade after a limited theatrical run, 2008’s Johnny Got His Gun is available to the general public for the first time starting today
The anti-war drama is a filmed version of a 1982 off-Broadway play, for which Jeff Daniels won an Obie Award. The movie, though, stars Ben McKenzie of The O.C., Southland and, most recently, Gotham, where he plays Detective Gordon.
McKenzie’s Johnny Got His Gun is a one-person monologue in which he portrays the agony of a World War I veteran who has lost all four limbs, his eyes, ears, nose, and mouth:
Here’s the complete Johnny Got His Gun, 1971 version:
Until today, the 2008 version of Johnny Got His Gun had only been available on a DVD distributed to high schools. Now you can stream it from $3.99 at Amazon, FandangoNow, Google Play, iTunes, Microsoft, Vudu and YouTube.
For more info on the McKenzie film, visit johnnygothisgunthemovie.com.
- ‘My First First Love’ - April 18, 2019
- Unlocking ‘Wed-Locked’ - April 17, 2019
- ShemarooMe Launches - April 17, 2019
- Court TV Returns May 8 - April 16, 2019
- ‘Ministry of Evil’ Free - April 16, 2019
- ‘Nick’ Comes Knocking - April 15, 2019
- Finding Carol Burnett - April 12, 2019
- Sitcoms for Tax Day - April 12, 2019
- The Van Doren Legacy - April 11, 2019
- Slow Science Streams - April 11, 2019