(Above: Ben McKenzie in ‘Johnny Got His Gun’)
A decade after a limited theatrical run, 2008’s Johnny Got His Gun is available to the general public for the first time starting today
The anti-war drama is a filmed version of a 1982 off-Broadway play, for which Jeff Daniels won an Obie Award. The movie, though, stars Ben McKenzie of The O.C., Southland and, most recently, Gotham, where he plays Detective Gordon.
McKenzie’s Johnny Got His Gun is a one-person monologue in which he portrays the agony of a World War I veteran who has lost all four limbs, his eyes, ears, nose, and mouth:
Here’s the complete Johnny Got His Gun, 1971 version:
Until today, the 2008 version of Johnny Got His Gun had only been available on a DVD distributed to high schools. Now you can stream it from $3.99 at Amazon, FandangoNow, Google Play, iTunes, Microsoft, Vudu and YouTube.
For more info on the McKenzie film, visit johnnygothisgunthemovie.com.
- Dove’s Holiday Classics - November 22, 2019
- Tour the USA Via Music - November 22, 2019
- Interactive ‘Epic Night’ - November 21, 2019
- JellyTelly Begats Minno - November 21, 2019
- ‘Yogi, Guru, Predator’ - November 20, 2019
- ‘Love Dot Com,’ a Romcom - November 20, 2019
- ‘Ghost BFF’ Dark Comedy - November 19, 2019
- Free Sports Expansion - November 19, 2019
- ‘Cheat’ This Thursday - November 18, 2019
- ‘High Castle’ Ends Today - November 15, 2019