(Above: Ben McKenzie in ‘Johnny Got His Gun’)
A decade after a limited theatrical run, 2008’s Johnny Got His Gun is available to the general public for the first time starting today
The anti-war drama is a filmed version of a 1982 off-Broadway play, for which Jeff Daniels won an Obie Award. The movie, though, stars Ben McKenzie of The O.C., Southland and, most recently, Gotham, where he plays Detective Gordon.
McKenzie’s Johnny Got His Gun is a one-person monologue in which he portrays the agony of a World War I veteran who has lost all four limbs, his eyes, ears, nose, and mouth:
Here’s the complete Johnny Got His Gun, 1971 version:
Until today, the 2008 version of Johnny Got His Gun had only been available on a DVD distributed to high schools. Now you can stream it from $3.99 at Amazon, FandangoNow, Google Play, iTunes, Microsoft, Vudu and YouTube.
For more info on the McKenzie film, visit johnnygothisgunthemovie.com.
- BitMovio’s Beta Launch - February 20, 2019
- Netflix: ‘Workin’ Moms’ - February 20, 2019
- Davis, Pride & ‘Me’ - February 19, 2019
- ‘Amos ‘n Andy Anatomy’ - February 15, 2019
- Unlikely Superheroes - February 15, 2019
- HG Wells & JJ Abrams - February 14, 2019
- ‘Singer Presents…Elvis’ - February 13, 2019
- Classic TV Weddings - February 13, 2019
- ‘The Way We Weren’t’ - February 12, 2019
- ‘Moscow Never Sleeps’ - February 12, 2019