(Above: Ben McKenzie in ‘Johnny Got His Gun’)
A decade after a limited theatrical run, 2008’s Johnny Got His Gun is available to the general public for the first time starting today
The anti-war drama is a filmed version of a 1982 off-Broadway play, for which Jeff Daniels won an Obie Award. The movie, though, stars Ben McKenzie of The O.C., Southland and, most recently, Gotham, where he plays Detective Gordon.
McKenzie’s Johnny Got His Gun is a one-person monologue in which he portrays the agony of a World War I veteran who has lost all four limbs, his eyes, ears, nose, and mouth:
Here’s the complete Johnny Got His Gun, 1971 version:
Until today, the 2008 version of Johnny Got His Gun had only been available on a DVD distributed to high schools. Now you can stream it from $3.99 at Amazon, FandangoNow, Google Play, iTunes, Microsoft, Vudu and YouTube.
For more info on the McKenzie film, visit johnnygothisgunthemovie.com.
- Spirits Network Debuts - July 22, 2019
- Busy July 20 at NASA TV - July 19, 2019
- CONtv + Comics Launches - July 19, 2019
- Tarantino Picks Flicks - July 18, 2019
- Bluprint Free This Week - July 17, 2019
- WTT on Dailymotion - July 17, 2019
- Efron/Kendrick Team-Ups - July 16, 2019
- Supporting Caregivers - July 16, 2019
- She’s Molly of Denali - July 15, 2019
- ‘Brash Girls Club’ Trio - July 15, 2019