(Above: André Holland in ‘High Flying Bird.’ Source: YouTube screenshot)
Steven Soderbergh, who won a Best Directing Oscar for Traffic, has directed a new sports flick, High Flying Bird, debuting tomorrow, February 8, on Netflix.
During a pro basketball lockout, sports agent Ray Burke (Moonlight‘s André Holland) is caught between the league and the players. With his career in peril, he has only 72 hours to pull off a daring plan. It involves outmaneuvering everyone else as he uncovers a loophole that could change the game forever. The ultimate question becomes: Who will – and should – own the game?
The cast also includes Zazie Beetz, Melvin Gregg, Sonja Sohn, Zachary Quinto, Kyle MacLachlan and Bill Duke, with cameos by NBA stars Reggie Jackson, Karl-Anthony Towns and Donovan Mitchell.
Tarell Alvin McCraney, who won a Best Adapted Screenplay Oscar for Moonlight, wrote the script.
For more, visit Netflix.
- Classic Oscar Binge - February 20, 2019
- Romano in ‘Paddleton’ - February 19, 2019
- ‘The Oath’ Season 2 - February 19, 2019
- Cord-Cutter Zone - February 15, 2019
- ‘Weird City’ - February 14, 2019
- Dangerous Comedy - February 14, 2019
- Parkland Documentary - February 12, 2019
- Toxic Workplace - February 12, 2019
- Stream Oscar ‘Favourite’ - February 11, 2019
- Hart’s Comedy ‘Fit’ - February 8, 2019