(Above: André Holland in ‘High Flying Bird.’ Source: YouTube screenshot)
Steven Soderbergh, who won a Best Directing Oscar for Traffic, has directed a new sports flick, High Flying Bird, debuting tomorrow, February 8, on Netflix.
During a pro basketball lockout, sports agent Ray Burke (Moonlight‘s André Holland) is caught between the league and the players. With his career in peril, he has only 72 hours to pull off a daring plan. It involves outmaneuvering everyone else as he uncovers a loophole that could change the game forever. The ultimate question becomes: Who will – and should – own the game?
The cast also includes Zazie Beetz, Melvin Gregg, Sonja Sohn, Zachary Quinto, Kyle MacLachlan and Bill Duke, with cameos by NBA stars Reggie Jackson, Karl-Anthony Towns and Donovan Mitchell.
Tarell Alvin McCraney, who won a Best Adapted Screenplay Oscar for Moonlight, wrote the script.
For more, visit Netflix.
- Drug-Addled ET on Shudder - May 7, 2021
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021
- ‘Midsomer Murders’ Season 22 - April 19, 2021
- ‘Beverly Hillbillies’ Binge - April 16, 2021
- AMC+’s Cold War Thriller - April 14, 2021