(Above: André Holland in ‘High Flying Bird.’ Source: YouTube screenshot)
Steven Soderbergh, who won a Best Directing Oscar for Traffic, has directed a new sports flick, High Flying Bird, debuting tomorrow, February 8, on Netflix.
During a pro basketball lockout, sports agent Ray Burke (Moonlight‘s André Holland) is caught between the league and the players. With his career in peril, he has only 72 hours to pull off a daring plan. It involves outmaneuvering everyone else as he uncovers a loophole that could change the game forever. The ultimate question becomes: Who will – and should – own the game?
The cast also includes Zazie Beetz, Melvin Gregg, Sonja Sohn, Zachary Quinto, Kyle MacLachlan and Bill Duke, with cameos by NBA stars Reggie Jackson, Karl-Anthony Towns and Donovan Mitchell.
Tarell Alvin McCraney, who won a Best Adapted Screenplay Oscar for Moonlight, wrote the script.
For more, visit Netflix.
- Stuck in ‘Castle Rock’ - October 22, 2019
- Visiting Old ‘Haunt'(s) - October 22, 2019
- Free ‘Love’ From CBS - October 21, 2019
- ‘Twin Peaks’ Binge - October 18, 2019
- Living Room or Multiplex? - October 17, 2019
- Playing God - October 16, 2019
- AMC Theatres at Home - October 15, 2019
- Hulu Up North - October 14, 2019
- Boris Karloff’s ‘Thriller’ - October 11, 2019
- Jesse’s Back - October 10, 2019